Valve's Steam Linux Beta About To Drop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ofen View Post
    Where can I sign up for the closed beta test?
    On the blog they said that anyone who expresses his interest (in the comments) would get added to the list.

Comment

but, they are not approving comments anymore, for a long time.
      kinda like abandoned

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
        On the blog they said that anyone who expresses his interest (in the comments) would get added to the list.
        In other words, send requests to /dev/null?

Comment

Well, this popped up today on that CDR website thingi: http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16571
          Last Updated 2012-09-07 05:28:18
          Name ValveTestApp218980 Early Access
          Don't know if that's connected to the LinuxSteam sub that was detected yesterday but since it has 'Early Access' in it's name, I guess it has.

Comment

Originally posted by richi902 View Post
            but, they are not approving comments anymore, for a long time.
            kinda like abandoned
            All the comments have to be authorized and they'll not be adding comments on old blog posts of course.
            You can also contact them using the email they provided in their first blog post.

Comment

They added 2 new apps: "Portal" and "Portal Content" (http://marlamin.com/cdr/view.php?type=sub&id=16549)...

Comment

huh? I'd have thought that L4D2 would be the first to be added...strange?

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
                  huh? I'd have thought that L4D2 would be the first to be added...strange?
                  Probably they'll give Portal away for free as they did at the time of the Steam Mac launch.

Btw, I generally hate the F2P "movement" but I don't get why Valve didn't ported Team Fortress 2 first for the beta.
                  A multiplayer game, which is playable free of charge, should be best choice for a public beta.
                  But then again, maybe the Linux version of L4D2 will be free for the time of the beta as well.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
                    Probably they'll give Portal away for free as they did at the time of the Steam Mac launch.

Btw, I generally hate the F2P "movement" but I don't get why Valve didn't ported Team Fortress 2 first for the beta.
                    A multiplayer game, which is playable free of charge, should be best choice for a public beta.
                    But then again, maybe the Linux version of L4D2 will be free for the time of the beta as well.
                    Well, that would be because TF2's source is quite the clusterfuck, and I think they may be considering an engine switch to the latest source, something that was petitioned a bit of time ago in order to fix some serious bugs affecting the game as well as increasing perfomance.

I think TF2's will be the last game to be ported, unfortunately. Although I hope to be proven wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BoTuLoX View Post
                      Well, that would be because TF2's source is quite the clusterfuck
                      Is it? I thought all Source games share more or less the same level of code quality.

Comment

Working...
                      X