Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when

Originally posted by rustybroomhandle View Post
    When is this guy going to stop with the obnoxious self-congratulatory bullshit?
    assholes like you will stop posting here and reading his articles? If you don't like it - you are free not to read pages from this site.

Comment

Latency benchmarks

Start benchmarking latency also, Michael. Artificial figures without vsync, and a non-low-latency enabled kernel means nothing. Everyone can compare enabling/disabling low-latency features, and see that without it, actual performance is poor.

Peace Be With You.

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
        Don't expect SLI to give any serious performance boost. my experience shows, decrease in performance actually.
        SLI has to be supported by the game itself.(and i am talking about Linux version)
        And I am sure as hell you will get it ruining on reasonable FPS.
        I got 470, in wine game was working quite wel, but at some stage FPS dropped for second or two to like a few FPS, so not really usable. also over clock on those cards is not possible, at least for 470 seria for sure.
        Well, I got them on the cheap from someone upgrading their SLI setup, but they're actually going in two different computers. Maybe sales x2 for Valve once it launches, depending on a few variables.

Comment

Originally posted by psycho_driver View Post
          Well, I got them on the cheap from someone upgrading their SLI setup, but they're actually going in two different computers. Maybe sales x2 for Valve once it launches, depending on a few variables.
          Don't get me wrong buddy, I'd be happy if SLI thingy worked for you, but so far, I had bad personal experience with it myself. Community would appreciate if you could provide feedback on SLI experience, if you have a chance!

Comment

Fermi and Keppler cards offer zero improvement in SLI using Linux. I?m speaking from my own experience.

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
              Don't expect SLI to give any serious performance boost. my experience shows, decrease in performance actually.
              SLI has to be supported by the game itself.(and i am talking about Linux version)
              And I am sure as hell you will get it ruining on reasonable FPS.
              I got 470, in wine game was working quite wel, but at some stage FPS dropped for second or two to like a few FPS, so not really usable. also over clock on those cards is not possible, at least for 470 seria for sure.
              A GTX460 is quite different from a GTX470. The 470s use the original Fermi GF100 chips that many people described as toaster ovens and such. Because they already ran so unbelievably hot they were difficult to overclock without expensive cooling solutions. The 460s use the significantly cooler and more efficient GF104 chips and have generally pretty good overclocking potential even on stock cooling. I had a 460 from MSI that already came with a mild overclock and was able to overclock (via firmware flashing mind you) much further to where it was on par with a stock 470 for the most part.

I will agree about SLI not doing much of anything in Linux, granted I haven't tried in several years so it may have changed since then.

Comment

While Left 4 Dead 2 can run on the Intel Mesa driver, this is only with bleeding-edge code not found in Ubuntu 12.04
                I use my sandybridge 2nd gen onboard graphics. What exactly will I have to do in order to run L4D2?

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                  I use my sandybridge 2nd gen onboard graphics. What exactly will I have to do in order to run L4D2?
                  If you use ubuntu, probably add a PPA. Though honestly, I think "won't run" is a gross exageration, but we'll see.

Comment

Even on Windows the biggest problem with SLI is micro-laggs. Basically you'll need a much higher minimum framerate in order to have a smooth gaming experience.

I'll be testing it out with my GTX 580. Hope I'll get an invite for the closed beta.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                      Hope I'll get an invite for the closed beta.
                      Where can I sign up for the closed beta test?

Comment

Working...
                      X