No announcement yet.

Valve's Steam Linux Beta About To Drop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve's Steam Linux Beta About To Drop?

Phoronix: Valve's Steam Linux Beta About To Drop?

A lot of Phoronix readers have been writing in this morning with the feeling that the Steam Linux Beta is likely about to happen...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You remind me of a dog who licks its own ...

Comment

8_8

i personally dont think the beta is coming out as soon as you say, more likely next month, but heck earlier is all the better

the main thing to be suprised about is how they used the unity desktop to display steam, what if they manage to reserve a spot in the official menu button.

Comment

More evidence.

another source popped up here http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16549

Comment

The end is neigh!

Comment

When is this guy going to stop with the obnoxious self-congratulatory bullshit?

Comment

Good timing if true, considering I have 2 new-to-me gtx 460's arriving today, 2 new 750w psu's, and a new 32" monitor I'll be using while transitioning my current tiny 27" to my wife's (ubuntu) pc. I'm pretty confident I can get whatever they release working on my gentoo box

Comment

Originally posted by rustybroomhandle View Post
                When is this guy going to stop with the obnoxious self-congratulatory bullshit?
                Never. Deal with it, stop reading, or start your own linux news site and try to be less obnoxious.

Comment

And you remind me

Originally posted by susikala View Post
                  You remind me of a dog who licks its own ...
                  to tell you go and fsck.ext3 yourself. Got nothing good to say? Don't say it.

Comment

similar setup

Originally posted by psycho_driver View Post
                    Good timing if true, considering I have 2 new-to-me gtx 460's arriving today, 2 new 750w psu's, and a new 32" monitor I'll be using while transitioning my current tiny 27" to my wife's (ubuntu) pc. I'm pretty confident I can get whatever they release working on my gentoo box
                    Don't expect SLI to give any serious performance boost. my experience shows, decrease in performance actually.
                    SLI has to be supported by the game itself.(and i am talking about Linux version)
                    And I am sure as hell you will get it ruining on reasonable FPS.
                    I got 470, in wine game was working quite wel, but at some stage FPS dropped for second or two to like a few FPS, so not really usable. also over clock on those cards is not possible, at least for 470 seria for sure.
                    Last edited by dimko; 06 September 2012, 10:24 AM. Reason: mispell

Comment

Working...
                    X