Valve's Steam Linux Beta About To Drop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by entropy View Post
    Is it? I thought all Source games share more or less the same level of code quality.
    Well, TF2 is an exception. All the patches have bloated the game to no end, some people with high-end computers are forced to run it in DX8 because the game won't work properly, the a VERY LARGE percentage of the people running GT2** series cards can't play the game because it crashes the nVidia driver, among many other issues.

I, myself, have managed to get the game running properly after so much time of optimization, and trying experimental configs. But I ran into many issues in the past. Also, since the pyromania update, the game's perfomance has gone down a lot. I used to play the game at 180/200 fps and 50-60 fps on firefights, now it usually tops at 120fps and 30-40 fps on firefights. Certainly not unplayable, I'm quite a decent player if I can say so myself so it's usually not an issue, but high fps helps a fair amount when playing scout or sniper (or against them).

Comment

All that in TF2 stuff doesn't impact performance that much however you will be greated with legendary valve's loading screens.

Comment

Originally posted by boot View Post
        All that in TF2 stuff doesn't impact performance that much however you will be greated with legendary valve's loading screens.
        Heh. I really think you should benchmark the game in 10 very different set-ups. I think you would surprise yourself.

Comment

Comon Valve release that damn thing already!!!!!!! I can't wait any longer.

Comment

Greenlight: Linux games

Comment

Originally posted by kwahoo View Post
              Thanks! This is indeed interesting!

OMG Waited all my life to play Euro Truck Simulator on Linux!

Comment

BTW I don't know why McPixel is not listed while it has Linux (*.deb) installer...

Comment

Originally posted by kwahoo View Post
                  BTW I don't know why McPixel is not listed while it has Linux (*.deb) installer...
                  Because most of the games on greenlight were put up before a Linux tag existed. Which means the devs need to go back in and edit their game to add the Linux tag.

Comment

Yeah, I guess a polite email to the devs asking them to do so, would be the way to go.

Comment

Ohhhhh wow

YAY LINUX TAG, this definetely helps with early adoption, voting time!

Comment

Working...
                      X