NVIDIA Releases Updated VDPAU LIbrary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
    A new issue I've noticed is the video layer isn't very good with scrolling. I see lime green transparent layer late to shift from the once video overlay area when scrolling in firefox.
    Ah, you young people... who don't remember the times when graphic cards used dedicated hardware overlays to display video, instead of this fancy textured video stuff nowadays. You'd get this effect all the time when moving around the mplayer window, except that the default Xv colorkey is blue, not green. It's impossible to fix this, it's just the nature of overlays.

The way mplayer works around it with vdpau is it sets the colorkey to something that's almost black. Meaning it's effectively black to the human eye so you don't notice this effect, but it's not black to the computer so no "bleeding through".

Comment

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
      For gentoo libvdpau is a mesa dependency if you want to use radeon + vdpau. So yes: The flash bug should be fixed for the free radeon driver, too.
      Flash uses vdpau library regardless of GPU driver and also on things like youtube videos (not fullscreen)?
      Yes, I compile vdpau support in Mesa R600g but I thought it only supports mpeg2 decoding for now so is basically unused by anything. So maybe flash uses just some other functions in the library besides decoding. I'll check it out, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by aceman View Post
        Yes, I compile vdpau support in Mesa R600g but I thought it only supports mpeg2 decoding for now so is basically unused by anything. So maybe flash uses just some other functions in the library besides decoding. I'll check it out, thanks.
        VDPAU is the Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix. Mesa VDPAU indeed only decodes mpeg2, but there's also the presentation part, and it's this part that Flash uses with the r600g driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
          VDPAU is the Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix. Mesa VDPAU indeed only decodes mpeg2, but there's also the presentation part, and it's this part that Flash uses with the r600g driver.
          Thanks, upgrading to 0.5 did really help even on radeon.

Comment

Working...
          X