Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldmund's Media Room: A Dream For Audiophiles

Phoronix: Goldmund's Media Room: A Dream For Audiophiles

Last week I had received a unique CES invitation from Rogers & Cowan, a PR firm representing an array of entertainment and technology companies, about one of their clients that advertises itself as the makers of the "world's most extravagant and technologically advanced systems for audio-video purists." For the Consumer Electronic Show, participating companies will either have a booth or suite somewhere in Las Vegas, but that wasn't the case for Goldmund, this Rogers & Cowan client that specializes in high-end audio/video systems. Their systems are so advanced that they simply cannot be built in a day or even a week, but for each of their media rooms they spend extensive time planning and constructing the rooms that are slated to be perfect, even an imperfect world. With that said, it was easier and more cost effective for Goldmund to just have four other writers and I check out their luxurious home theater systems in a demonstration home near Los Angeles.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I would have loved to experienced this myself. A 5,000,000$ speaker sounds ridiculous - pun intended - unless it was mine then it would be awesome

Comment

Nice stuff, but I would have to win the lottery to afford one of those media systems :/

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post

Last week I had received a unique CES invitation from Rogers & Cowan, a PR firm representing an array of entertainment and technology companies, about one of their clients that advertises itself as the makers of the "world's most extravagant and technologically advanced systems for audio-video purists."

The invitation itself has a high coolness factor!

Any audio system worth more than $2000 is high end, to me...

Comment

its not for lesser mortal audiophiles, but for audiophiliomaniacs .

Comment

Goldmund speakers are nothing near Cessaro Omega and those are 112dB/1w/1m so one using a 3.5w 2A3 amplifier can play as loud a live rock concert, but these 3.5w need to be the right ones.

EDIT: take a year to be done, hand made.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
            X