No announcement yet.

Razor-Qt Desktop Still Being Developed, v0.5 Is Near

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i Don`t think than razor is ready for wayland. For example razorqxt uses X11 defines for global key recognition ..

Razor is now LXQt:. Contribute to Razor-qt/razor-qt development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

I'm sure all these ?Wayland?? questions popping up in every thread are just trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
        I'm sure all these ?Wayland?? questions popping up in every thread are just trolling.
        Not necessarily...wayland is for real and it may well just become a lightweight alternative to traditional X and not replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
          Or maybe it's the new "But can it run Crysis?".

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
            Not necessarily...wayland is for real and it may well just become a lightweight alternative to traditional X and not replace it.
            It may become in the future but right now there is not even a single somewhat mainstream distribution that even ships Wayland. First Wayland 1.0 with a stable API has to ship, then toolkits using that API have to ship, then distributions have to ship it along with Wayland-compatible SDK files, and only then can applications adapt to it.

Phoronix reports thoroughly on Wayland. It should be clear that distributions will start to pick up Wayland in the coming autumn cycle and ship compatible toolkits in the spring cycle. Not a single Phoronix reader can seriously ask before mid-2013 if anything ships with Wayland support.

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            Or maybe it's the new "But can it run Crysis?".
            Which is practically the definition of trolling.

Comment

Working...
            X