Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Irony

(The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.)

Comment

Oh the irony... THE IRONY, IRONY!!

Another well researched article I see.

Code hacks like this should not be have left Timothy Pearson's house... Might be Enterprise ready in Redmond towers but no where else

Perhaps Michael meant "living dead"

Razor-Qt is where it is at for lightweight... Love how you can choose to run it on OpenBox or Kwin, etc. ...

Still would like to see the return of resizeable system tray icons to KDE 4.xx (perhaps - due to popular demand - in KDE 5.xx ???)

Comment

does this run on wayland?

Comment

Originally posted by boast View Post
          does this run on wayland?
          No. And it won't since it's based in Qt3.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
            I stopped caring about TDE when Timothy Pearson had broken KDE3 interfaces, so today you cannot compile any classic unmodified KDE3.x software for TDE except for the applications Timothy has already ported.

That was an insane decision - I do understand he wanted to port KDE3 to Qt4, but now it seems like it's a very tall order for just one person, programming interfaces are broken, and TDE is headed nowhere.
            This is not true.
            You can still compile legacy KDE3's unmodified applications with Trinity's QT3 and TDE libraries.

Originally posted by Sidicas View Post
            It's nice, but they broke backwards compatibility with a lot of the older distro releases when the Trinity project got their hands on KDE 3.X.. That, IMO, was a mistake, as some people wanted to use older distros since their hardware's support got dropped and the binary blobs they were using depended on using older distros.

I would have been a very happy Trinity Desktop user if they kept backwards compatibility to a disto release that supported Catalyst 9.3..
            What do you mean "they broke backwards compatiblity with older distro" ?
            The source code itselft is not "compatible" with specific distribution or a specific graphic driver. You can build it on any distribution you want ...
            In fact, every distribution that can support KDE 3.5.10 can support TDE, the prerequisites are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by PunisherHD View Post
              What do you mean "they broke backwards compatiblity with older distro" ?
              The source code itselft is not "compatible" with specific distribution or a specific graphic driver. You can build it on any distribution you want ...
              In fact, every distribution that can support KDE 3.5.10 can support TDE, the prerequisites are the same.
              The earlier versions of Trinity Desktop (3.5.12) supported and ran on Debian Lenny.. The later versions of Trinity Desktop did not (3.5.13).

I e-mailed the founder of Trinity Desktop and he said exactly this:

Originally posted by TrinityDesktop
              Trinity [3.5.13] does not compile on Lenny; I tried a few times and was stymied by
              the old versions of CMake and other libraries on that system.

Sorry I can't do much more to make this happen...
              So they broke backwards compatibility from 3.5.12 to 3.5.13.. So one would have to run Debian Squeeze to run 3.5.13... It's even right on the Trinity Desktop homepage. Anyway I looked at it, I was forced to upgrade my Linux distribution so I just upgraded to Debian Wheezy (Testing) and grabbed KDE 4.8.4 along with it. I don't have complaints with KDE 4.8.4 compared to KDE 3.X, I really like the new network manager. I don't prefer the open source graphics drivers compared to the old Catalyst drivers, but I can live with them.
              Last edited by Sidicas; 11 September 2012, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X