Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pts/tiobench fails to install

Hello all,

Hopefully somebody can help me. I am trying to get tiobench installed so I can run the complete disk suite.

the .phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/tiobench-1.1.0/install-failed.log has the following errors

gcc -c -O2 -Wall tiotest.c -o tiotest.o
    gcc -c -O2 -Wall crc32.c -o crc32.o
    tiotest.c:34:15: error: conflicting types for 'aligned_alloc'
    In file included from tiotest.h:36:0,
    from tiotest.c:23:
    /usr/include/stdlib.h:513:14: note: previous declaration of 'aligned_alloc' was here
    tiotest.c: In function 'cleanup_test':
    tiotest.c:386:3: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'aligned_free' differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
    tiotest.c:44:12: note: expected 'caddr_t' but argument is of type 'unsigned char *'
    tiotest.c: In function 'report_random_write_error':
    tiotest.c:890:3: warning: format '%d' expects argument of type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'ssize_t' [-Wformat]
    tiotest.c: In function 'report_read_error':
    tiotest.c:904:3: warning: format '%d' expects argument of type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'ssize_t' [-Wformat]
    tiotest.c: In function 'do_write_test':
    tiotest.c:912:17: warning: pointer targets in initialization differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
    tiotest.c: In function 'do_random_write_test':
    tiotest.c:1018:18: warning: pointer targets in initialization differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
    tiotest.c: In function 'do_read_test':
    tiotest.c:1111:17: warning: pointer targets in initialization differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
    tiotest.c: In function 'do_random_read_test':
    tiotest.c:1218:18: warning: pointer targets in initialization differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
    make: *** [tiotest.o] Error 1

gcc --version
    gcc (GCC) 4.7.1 20120721 (prerelease)

Any ideas please?

I took another look at this problem.. easy enough to fix after all.

/usr/include/stdlib.h:513:14: note: previous declaration of 'aligned_alloc' was here
    This basically means that the aligned_alloc was already declared in stdlib.h ony my system...

If this happens to you, do the following for affected Linux users (probably not OSX)

Code:
    cd ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/tiobench-1.1.0
    tar -xzvf tiobench-0.3.3.tar.gz
    "yourfavouriteeditorhere tiobench-0.3.3/tiotest.c"
    Use find and replace functionality to rename the aligned_alloc to something like faligned_alloc and do the same with aligned_free such as faligned_free
    Save. Now compress that dir again

Code:
    tar -czvf tiobench-0.3.3.tar.gz tiobench-0.3.3/
    phoronix-test-suite install pts/tiobench-1.1.0
    All is now good :-)

Comment

I'm not too sure how to mark this thread as solved?

Comment

Working...
      X