Codeweavers to give away crossover again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Codeweavers to give away crossover again

It seems like codeweavers is doing an election-based promo of crossover again:
    Don’t buy a Windows license, don’t reboot or use a virtual machine until you try CrossOver for Mac, Linux, or ChromeOS. Download a free 14 day trial now and get your Windows apps running on Mac and Linux.

I'm not from the US, so I can't pledge to vote, but it seems they're already ~70% the way to their target!

*bump*

C'mon, just 25k people from the USA have to pledge to vote in the upcoming election and we all get the latest version of crossover office for free.

What's there not to like from this deal?

Comment

Tried the trail version and wasn't really impressed.
      Thought I might be able to get some stuff to work better than normale wine + winetricks (or playonlinux) way but it
      did not show any improvements with the programs I use.

Comment

Vote please

Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
        It seems like codeweavers is doing an election-based promo of crossover again:
        Don’t buy a Windows license, don’t reboot or use a virtual machine until you try CrossOver for Mac, Linux, or ChromeOS. Download a free 14 day trial now and get your Windows apps running on Mac and Linux.

I'm not from the US, so I can't pledge to vote, but it seems they're already ~70% the way to their target!
        Codeweavers has opened this up to everyone! Looks like only about 17k to go...

From http://www.codeweavers.com/flockthevoteqa
        Q: Can I pledge, even if I'm not an American?
        A: Yes! On September 11, 2012 we opened up pledging to all the people on the planet.

Please vote and spread the word!

Comment

Awesome! Let's do this, people! For free crossover goodness!!

Comment

Well, bad news. I'm at work and kind of bored, so I started thinking why the bar was so full a month ago when I first saw the promo, and it barely budged at all during September. THEN I had a look at their javascript:
            Code:
                var logapct = function (max, cur)
                {
                    return Math.round(100 * Math.log(cur)/Math.log(max));
                }
                var updatePledges = function (num)
                {
                    var pct = logapct(100000, num);
                    $('.progressbar-inner').animate({'height': pct + '%'}, 1500);
                }
            The short story of this is that the current number of pledges is given by e^((pct/100)*ln(100000)) which given the current percentage of 83% gives us about 14125 pledges, nowhere near the target...

The thing is because they use logarithm to update their progress bar, they needed only about 1000 pledges to reach 60%, and 3162 pledges to reach 70%....

So the morale of the story is: PLEDGE PLEDGE PLEDGE PLEDGE PLEDGE PLEDGE!
            Last edited by [Knuckles]; 04 October 2012, 10:39 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
            X