Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Excited Linux Enthusiasts In August: Apple, Valve

Phoronix: What Excited Linux Enthusiasts In August: Apple, Valve

There were several interesting announcements this August that excited Linux enthusiasts and the open-source community at large. Here's what was most popular in August...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Can't you sell the rMBP for gas money? After all, linux is a lemon on it...

Comment

Originally posted by dsmithhfx View Post
      How will apple fanboys ever be able to brag to all their hipster friends about being a graphics designer if they part with their apple rMBP latte coaster?
      Last edited by moonlitfire; 31 August 2012, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Great articles and up to the minute news on Phoronix. Its my main source for Linux news.

Comment

Originally posted by dsmithhfx View Post
          That actually makes no sense at all since when shown running the Apple MBP/OSX tests it actually brings in the most traffic for the month.... More traffic = more ad views.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

When I read the article's headline I was (perhaps naively) hoping for some kind of insightful analysis of the currents and trends in the industry (and community), putting the events that caused articles in some kind of context.

Comment

I'm throwing money at my screen but nothing's happening!

If you appreciate this constant stream of content on Phoronix that is done single-handedly 99% of the time, please consider subscribing to Phoronix Premium for ad-free viewing, viewing full articles on a single page, and goes well to supporting this intensive and demanding endeavour to enrich the Linux hardware experience for all users. PayPal tips are also great, as is Flattr, and even beer deliveries.
              If you appreciate the people that are constantly trying to purchase phoronix premium, please consider actually making it possible. The payment system is still refusing to take my (PayPal) money.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                That actually makes no sense at all since when shown running the Apple MBP/OSX tests it actually brings in the most traffic for the month.... More traffic = more ad views.
                Yes when all the Linux enthusiasts rush to the forums to bitch about you reviewing OSX and Apple products constantly

If you're really that dependant on the ad revenue why not just start your own OSX site and cater towards the Macolytes and all that cash they have burning holes in their pockets

Comment

You also seem to be missing the point with Flattr

There should be a little button at the end of each "article"

If we like that specific article we can flattr you, if it's another run of the mill copy from a blog or an article on the MBP we can show you that we're not interested in the slightest or even better head to the blog you're quoting from and flattr them

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                    Yes when all the Linux enthusiasts rush to the forums to bitch about you reviewing OSX and Apple products constantly

If you're really that dependant on the ad revenue why not just start your own OSX site and cater towards the Macolytes and all that cash they have burning holes in their pockets
                    Actually, Phoronix does benchmarks of many UNIX and UNIX-like systems other than Linux, including BSD and OS X. There's not that many OS X benchmarks here that it would make sense to set up an independent site for them. That's my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X