No announcement yet.

OpenGL 3.0 Now Handled For All Of R600 Gallium3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi marek, i did a git pull today since some patches naming r700 landed but it seem MSAA is not activated yet, i think is cuz i miss a patch that has not landed on git yet but just in case

OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV770
    OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.1-devel (git-f8a8f06)
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
    OpenGL extensions:

03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI R700 [Radeon HD 4850] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
    04:00.0 Display controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI R700 [Radeon HD 4850]
    4850X2 2GB
    xorg 1.13
    libdrm git
    3.6-rc2 kernel

Comment

Btw. compared to Intel graphics... I can play DDO (wine), open driver on 1 cylinder (low power profile ~299MHz), all settings to high.

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
        3.6-rc2 kernel
        AFAIK the kernel bits are missing in rc2 (and rc3, too). Hopefully they will be in rc4.

Comment

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
          AFAIK the kernel bits are missing in rc2 (and rc3, too). Hopefully they will be in rc4.
          thank you for your answer i boo boo and forgot to check kernel mailing list for patches

ill try rc4 then thx

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
            Give him a donate button and you'll be surprised how many people will donate.
            He has PayPal link in his profile (http://phoronix.com/forums/member.php?18270-marek) -- [email protected].

Comment

Originally posted by dogsleg View Post
              Hey dogsleg,
              Thanks for pointing his paypal account.
              I just send some financial aid for beer with help of you

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                Yeah, we discussed various naming options, but the bottom line was that when a new driver component is started we know the name of the first generation it will support but rarely know the name of the last generation... so r600g (src/gallium/drivers/r600 IIRC) covers r6xx through NI and radeonsi covers SI through <who knows ?>...
                Wouldn't radeongcn have been a better name then radeonsi?

Comment

Originally posted by Ansla View Post
                  Wouldn't radeongcn have been a better name then radeonsi?
                  The problem is that we don't know what comes after GCN and whether it will also fit into the same driver. We kinda had two choices :

- stay with the current naming convention based on "first supported generation"
                  - rename existing drivers as well and go with architecture-based names

Agree that the transitional product naming (where high end SI parts are GCN and lower parts are VLIW) makes the current naming convention awkward for now.
                  Test signature

Comment

Working...
                  X