No announcement yet.

poll: vhs vs betamax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>>Whatever the reasons, one thing is clear: Consumers globally have spoken.

I doubt everyone would agree with that. The people I know who are upset about the situation feel that the industry did not listen to the consumers, and that Warner's decision pushed the industry in the opposite direction from what most consumers wanted.

A lot of the differing views seem to boil down to whether or not the BR player in a PS3 represents the same degree of consumer interest in BR as a standalone player. Some folks feel that every BR player represents the same potential demand for disk sales -- others feel that someone who buys a PS3 and gets a BR player with it is not likely, on average, to purchase or rent as many disks as someone who purchased a dedicated player, ie that the BR players in PS3s need to be "pro-rated down" in order to properly model what the consumer demand would have been for HD-DVD vs BR disks.
    Last edited by bridgman; 17 January 2008, 01:41 AM.
    Test signature

Comment

I remember that thing.

Comment

Reverse Internet

We?ve just lauched reverse Google Analytics ID lookup service that allows you to find websites by the same owner based on Google affiliate IDs that they use. You can also do lookups based on IP address and nameservers

Comment

The sad thing is both Beta and VHS were more Linux-friendly than any of the current disc formats :/

Comment

Jupp, I was about 10 years old when I had a Betamax Player and some videos

Isn't the reason to use Blueray over HD-DVD the copy protection? I think there was a cheap implementation in Blueray and therefore the companies went for it?

Comment

There are certainly a lot more details to take into consideration, but thanks for sharing this post.

Comment

good work keep it up all the good work

Comment

Working...
                X