No announcement yet.

How to propose new benchmarks for PTS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to propose new benchmarks for PTS?

I have been looking for ways to benchmark WebGL on Google Chrome, and have found a pretty simple method to watch actual fps on that browser.
    I would like to propose that for being added to Phoronix Test Suit.
    I've created a thread to show what I have found, but I had no feedback (positive nor negative).
    http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...-Google-Chrome
    I don't know why, but it seems that Phoronix don't have interest in Graphics that are generated through a Web Browser, even if they have a pretty good quality.
    Through WebGL we can create very interesting 3D content that can reach much more people than any other Engine/Store/Distribution channel.

Originally posted by fernandoc1 View Post
    I have been looking for ways to benchmark WebGL on Google Chrome, and have found a pretty simple method to watch actual fps on that browser.
    I would like to propose that for being added to Phoronix Test Suit.
    I've created a thread to show what I have found, but I had no feedback (positive nor negative).

I don't know why, but it seems that Phoronix don't have interest in Graphics that are generated through a Web Browser, even if they have a pretty good quality.
    Through WebGL we can create very interesting 3D content that can reach much more people than any other Engine/Store/Distribution channel.
    The best way is to script up a Phoronix Test Suite test profile for it and email it over to me and I'll gladly upload it or you can upload it to your own user account at OpenBenchmarking.org and I'm happy to pull from it.

WebGL is neat and I don't object to browser graphics, but when I'm single-handedly writing all of the content on Phoronix.com plus doing all of the Phoronix Test Suite development, I don't have time to go explore new different tests unless an enterprise customer is requesting such.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
    X