This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russofris View Post
    I can only hope that current Nvidia owners reconsider making subsequent purchases of Nvidia hardware
    I would not reconsider if they *completely* dropped 6/7 support right now, instead of just relegating it to a legacy branch. I've gotten a good run out of that laptop, the bad state it's in, it won't last long anyway. Though if I'll buy a new laptop anytime soon (not likely), it'll be pure Intel. But for desktops, I will definitely look at Nvidia should the integrated Intel GPU turn out to not be enough. It's what already happened with me - I started with just the iGPU, but there were a few things I wanted to play that the iGPU couldn't handle, so I also have a Geforce GTS450.

Comment

Yes Intel onboard can be really annoying when you compare the Win vs Linux speed/features. Like you can not play Rage via wine with HD 4000 on Linux - but even a relatively simple GT 630 (oem) is enough. The nvidia card is only a tiny bit faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Naib View Post
        how? and where? my nv9600 still works just fine, I just wanted a performance boost, they are welcome to my card
        Go to project IRC, ask if someone needs a card, send it.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
          Nvidia: please discontinue yourself.

Fuck off and fuck you.
          asdx: Please, you fuck off!!

You don't contribute anything except posts like these. It's fucking annoying.

Comment

I wonder what steve blobs (ms/apple) would say if a hw company refused to work with them

pluck screw?
            duck two?

something like that i would imagine, i've no doubt worse things have been said in closed board rooms anyway.

Comment

You fuck off.
              Michael, how long are you going to allow this completely juvenile behavior? Serious question.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
                Michael, how long are you going to allow this completely juvenile behavior? Serious question.
                Do not mix Michael here please. Everyone is free to have a view point. Asdx has it. You too.
                If you don't like what he is writing, do not respond. If you respond, you carry the responsibility for further discussion evolvement. Serious answer.

Nvidia: please discontinue yourself.

Fuck off and fuck you.
                If you don't use nvidia hardware, why do you write in this thread?

If you use nvidia hardware and you are unhappy with how it performs, buy AMD.

I did. Twice. I didn't like anything about it, including results. Only exception being the hackers who push the open stack further.

If you use nvidia hardware and you want nouveau to perform better, code or donate the hardware. Don't waste your effort here.

People who use nvidia blob do this in their own responsibility. It would be much better if you have published your results and experiences with hardware and software stack you use.

We have already like 10 trolls on this forum, who either provoke or accuse linux for not having windows-like crap. Instead of trolling, its better to code or help improve, that's my personal experience. Would be one troll less and one contributor more.

Comment

This is an interesting Google Tech Talk about how to survive poisonous people in F/LOSS communities. I probably find it interesting at least...

Every community that grows to a sufficient size has to deal with its poisonous people, or risk being controlled by them. The fact that every thread on the forums here eventually devolves into a shouting match between the same few people is a good sign that this community is already on the road to ruin.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
                    Do not mix Michael here please.
                    It's his site. Therefore his responsibility to keep it clean from crap.

Everyone is free to have a view point. Asdx has it. You too.
                    Saying "fuck you" in every thread about Nvidia is not "a view point". It's being a juvenile idiot. And when he then goes further and says "fuck you" directly to people (including a Nvidia dev!) that's behavior that warrants a timeout (temporary ban). And if it continues, a permanent ban.

If you don't like what he is writing, do not respond.
                    That's not a solution. If inappropriate behavior is not dealt with, it will continue to go on and on and on. And on.

If you respond, you carry the responsibility for further discussion evolvement. Serious answer.
                    Why are you advocating allowing a person to write "fuck you" all the time without repercussions, while not allowing others to say they find it annoying and requesting that something is done about it? That's ridiculous. You're giving people the go-ahead to be obnoxious.

Comment

I can see where this is going...so many petty attacks that end up derailing every single darn thread. It does not just happen in the nvidia section it also happens in the AMD/ATI section too.

There are a lot of upset people in both camps and that ends up in a clusterfuck

I for one am sad my favorite GPU's coming to the end of the line and hopefully Nouveau will be as rock solid as the blob soon!

Comment

Working...
                      X