Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender On Android With OpenGL ES Now Works

Phoronix: Blemder On Android With OpenGL ES Now Works

One of the interesting Google Summer of Code projects this year was bringing OpenGL ES 2.0 support to the Blender Game Engine and also at the same time to port the game engine for this open-source modelling software to Android...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Mistake in Title: Blemder

Comment

Blemder

Blemder
      Code:
      blemder

Comment

WHY?

Why does anyone need to do animation and modeling on thier phone? I mean ANYONE. I could understand porting Blender to OpneGL ES becuase arm servers/computers are becoming big and thier chip set tends to prefer OpenGL ES, but it was ported to andriod as well?

I hate calling any project wasted effort, but really, wasted effort.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
          Why does anyone need to do animation and modeling on thier phone? I mean ANYONE. I could understand porting Blender to OpneGL ES becuase arm servers/computers are becoming big and thier chip set tends to prefer OpenGL ES, but it was ported to andriod as well?

I don't see them doing the model creation on their phone, but I can see a creative team leader out of town on business. Drop files in the cloud, and send an email. "Hey boss are the goblins good, or do they need pointier ears?"

Comment

The infamous Blender UI on a phone...

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post

Android runs on more than just phones.
              Android runs on tablets,
              Android runs on TV's,
              Android runs on desktop computers,
              Android runs on laptops,
              Android runs on refrigerators, toasters, and... blenders.

Comment

I also think that Blender can be used as game runtime.

Comment

Working...
                X