Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon Gallium3D Now Does MSAA On R600

Phoronix: Radeon Gallium3D Now Does MSAA On R600

Thanks to the great work of Marek Ol??k, the prolific independent contributor to Mesa/Gallium3D that is still at university, AMD Radeon HD 2000/3000 "R600" hardware now has MSAA (anti-aliasing) support from the open-source Linux graphics driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope i am not the only one that gets a headache with all the different naming in the ATI range (r600, cayman evergree hd 7000 etc etc)

Anyway props to Marek and airlied that also worked on MSAA i think.

PS
    I hope that AMD understands that one of the reasons that people suggest AMD for those who want FOSS drivers is Marek.

Comment

I hope AMD has already offered Marek a job

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
      I hope that AMD understands that one of the reasons that people suggest AMD for those who want FOSS drivers is Marek.
      It's not just that he's getting a boatload of work done, but it's good solid work. The article says:

the prolific independent contributor to Mesa/Gallium3D that is still at university
      I hope he has a job at AMD in a year, or two, or whenever his studies are complete.

AMD would be fools not to.

Comment

Great job

Marek is doing a great job!

Comment

YAAAAY!!!

Any chance this MSAA work can be applied to r300g? It's one of the last
          features that the AMD Catalyst drivers from 2007 have that the r300g drivers don't.

I'm sure a lot of people on laptops are going to be very thankful for this work. Myself included if it makes it to r300g.

I agree, AMD should hire this guy... Or at the very least, pay for his tuition.

AMD picked up that developer from Stanford that was working on the GPGPU acceleration for Folding@home, so I don't see why they wouldn't be trying to hire Marek as I'm sure Marek has made bigger contributions to AMD than that already.

Cheers.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's been reported here

that Marek was offered a job by AMD, but he turned them down to stay at university.

Hopefully they'll offer again when he graduates.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
              that Marek was offered a job by AMD, but he turned them down to stay at university.

Hopefully they'll offer again when he graduates.
              Wasn't that about Valve and not AMD?

Comment

Of course Mr Olš?k does a wonderful job, but other devs too. Marek's works is "just" the tip of the iceberg
                Last edited by whitecat; 27 August 2012, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Improvements to r600/r700 are greatly appreciated! Also, a big thank you to Michael for reporting this news!

Comment

Also just wanted to throw in a "thank you!"
                    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
                    X