Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPlayer2's Latest Development Activities

Phoronix: MPlayer2's Latest Development Activities

After recently writing about Wayland support for MPlayer2, here's a look at some of the other development activities for this big fork of the original MPlayer project...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    workarounds for PulseAudio timing bugs
    What? That can't be. PulseAudio has no bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      What? That can't be. PulseAudio has no bugs.
      Oh my f** god. The sole reason I clicked the "comments" link was seeing a slight mention of PA in the article
      and jokingly thinking "I can almost imagine a troll taking this single insignificant mentioning as a chance".

Comment

Michael, again, its "mplayer2", NOT "MPlayer2" ! Please!

Comment

Michael forgot to mention that their website has been redone and is much shinier.

I love mplayer2. I think it's the best player out there, regardless of OS.

I even had it working on my TouchPad with minimal effort.

I wish XBMC would use it instead of that awful thing they have now.

Comment

I am curious, what do you like in mplayer2 that you miss in xbmc?

Comment

Inexact

> no FFmpeg depdence

(apart for the typo) This is not what is meant in

> No dependence on embedded FFmpeg tree or internal FFmpeg symbols

of course there is still a dependency on ffmpeg. It's just that there is no more an embedded copy of ffmpeg inside mplayer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickabouille View Post
                > no FFmpeg depdence

(apart for the typo) This is not what is meant in

> No dependence on embedded FFmpeg tree or internal FFmpeg symbols

of course there is still a dependency on ffmpeg. It's just that there is no more an embedded copy of ffmpeg inside mplayer.
                No, actually there's really no dependency on ffmpeg. You can run mplayer2 against libav instead of ffmpeg.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
                  Oh my f** god. The sole reason I clicked the "comments" link was seeing a slight mention of PA in the article
                  and jokingly thinking "I can almost imagine a troll taking this single insignificant mentioning as a chance".
                  The sole reason I posted this is because I thought "I can almost imagine a PA fanboi jumping in to defend that turdpile."

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                    No, actually there's really no dependency on ffmpeg. You can run mplayer2 against libav instead of ffmpeg.
                    libav and ffmpeg are the same. They are different implementations for the same functionality with the same api, whatever the zealots from both sides will say.

Comment

Working...
                    X