Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's The End Of August, Qt 5.0 Beta Is Still Not Ready

Phoronix: It's The End Of August, Qt 5.0 Beta Is Still Not Ready

Unfortunately, due to Nokia selling off Qt and the other recent changes, the beta for the Qt 5.0 tool-kit still isn't ready...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Compared to other projects talked about on Phoronix, the release of QT 5.0 is not urgent and so there is also no need for this passive aggressive news reporting.
    QT 4.x works very well, so no pressure to the devs.

Comment

Originally posted by tstrunk View Post
      Compared to other projects talked about on Phoronix, the release of QT 5.0 is not urgent and so there is also no need for this passive aggressive news reporting.
      Passive aggressive? The release slipped, so it needs to be reported. End of story.

Comment

Qt5 Date has slipped

I agree with the reporter. It is not an aggressive posting. It is a posting of a fact.

As a Qt follower and beginning user, it is also, for my feelings, an expression of disappointment in experiencing the delay.

Qt is a beautiful product, with a fantastic, friendly, helpful group of fellow users. I am sure we all excitedly looking forward to the next release.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
          Passive aggressive? The release slipped, so it needs to be reported. End of story.
          In that case I apologize for misinterpreting it.

I felt the vibe of the posting was quite negative. For me QT is already one of the most viable choices if you want a UI toolkit. As such I didn't see the need to point it out like that.
          But I understand your point and therefore: sorry.

Comment

If a big company doesn't come out and buys qt, this framework will die within 5 years. the community will not able to keep the big task of developing qt, gtk will prevail even though it sucks shit compared to qt.

Comment

QT will not die.

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
              If a big company doesn't come out and buys qt, this framework will die within 5 years. the community will not able to keep the big task of developing qt, gtk will prevail even though it sucks shit compared to qt.
              Qt is an amazing product, with a great future. How many GUI products are cross-platform.
              The only way Qt will die is if Linux or Unix expires. If a better product or new development language appears, Qt will transform itself. Qt satisfies a great need.

Comment

Qt has quite a few people behind it working on it full time i think. And EFL also. Gtk according to this has only one.

Comment

Qt "news" spamming on Phoronix. Please inform us when it's released. Until then nobody will miss it.

Comment

Qt isn't going anywhere. There are a lot of high-profile applications both commercial and open source that use it. Also, I generally see as many new Qt projects as GTK ones, so I don't think that there is any reason to believe that the open sourcce world would suddenly all move to GTK.

Comment

Working...
                    X