Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twitter Is Set To Join The Linux Foundation

Phoronix: Twitter Is Set To Join The Linux Foundation

Next week the Linux Foundation will announce that Twitter is joining them as a member organization...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I admire Twitter and appreciate the work that they have done and shared with the community, twitter_karma++ that said...

Twitter's bootstrap is one of the worst toolkits I've ever seen, I wished they did not release the code. The average people that uses bootstrap cannot tell the difference between good and bad code, they just write QUnit tests for everything and if it passes they go home with a smile on their face.

Comment

Ironic...

Highly ironic, considering https://dev.twitter.com/blog/changes...to-twitter-api
      I don't know about the rest of you, but that doesn't seem like an attitude I'd like represented in the Linux Foundation.

Comment

Twitter's engineers are retards. Pretty much everything they release is misguided and stupid.
        No wonder they have such high costs of operation and so much downtime.

I would prefer to have the Linux Foundation without those filthy hipsters.

Comment

Originally posted by pankkake View Post
          Twitter's engineers are retards. Pretty much everything they release is misguided and stupid.

I'm not aware of what makes their engineers crappy (but I don't doubt it) but I do think that twitter in general is a stupid service. It's like as if RSS and SMS had a child, and had the bad traits of both parents.

Comment

Haha, ouch.

I have no idea what they are like and hence no opinion (I don't even use Twitter) but this post still made me lol

Comment

I also wonder since twitter isn't "technology" and not "new", it's a severely crippled chat with pictures.

But people talk of Twitter as if they invented anti-gravity.
              Last edited by mark45; 25 August 2012, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X