Fedora 17 Doesn't Change The Apple MacBook Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elg2001 View Post
    The fact that you automatically assume I'm a macbook user because I had nice things to say about it shows that you view life very black and white. I would actually never buy a Macbook for myself because I don't personally like their design, but I can realize when something is well made. In other words, good products should be viewed as such regardless of who makes it.
    The problem is you have yet to come up with one actual reason to back up your assertion that the hardware is well made. The other poster was at the very least actually posting honest technical critiques based on real experiences.

Comment

The fact that you automatically assume I'm a macbook user because I had nice things to say about it shows that you view life very black and white. I would actually never buy a Macbook for myself because I don't personally like their design, but I can realize when something is well made. In other words, good products should be viewed as such regardless of who makes it.
      My assumption was that you were an Apple user because that's how you were portraying yourself, which had nothing to do with your saying good things about it but your utterly tangential arguments and how you were portraying yourself.

And I strongly disagree apple products are well made, infact I think they're horribly made and poorly designed and I've laid out why and you've yet to actually go against those.

The Red Hat thing was a bit of a rant, I admit. I actually think they're doing a fantastic job with Fedora unlike many years ago, so I must be a Red Hat fanboy. I like Windows 7, so I must be a Microsoft fanboy. I think Ubuntu is headed in the wrong direction design-wise, so I must be an Ubuntu hater.
      I told you to quit strawmanning, and you should listen to your own words and quit just making shit up to massage your own ego.

Overall, I'm just trying to say to notice good products regardless of their makers. Shitty companies can make great products and vice versa. Look at the Apple TV: that thing is a complete waste of time. Although I wouldn't consider Apple a good company anymore.
      Are you trying to uphold the Apple TV as some sort of great product or are you calling it a shitty product I can't quite tell from the context.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
        Oh, the price is the most important downside? Not the fact that Apple has a strong track record of being dominating and controlling when it comes to how to use their hardware? As well as being one of the biggest patent trolls in the world ATM?
        I'll certainly agree with you there (I said I didn't think they were a good company). I wasn't planning on writing a Wikipedia entry on my opinions of Apple.

Comment

I do, however, agree with your notion that the OS X user interface is not very good. It certainly LOOKS good, but functionality-wise, it's frustrating to use.
          Not if you use multitouch (which it is designed to use).

Comment

Working...
          X