Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlightGear 2.8 Betters Open-Source Flying

Phoronix: FlightGear 2.8 Betters Open-Source Flying

FlightGear, the leading open-source flight simulator software, features a number of improvements with its new v2.8.0 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Shit planes

FlightGear only have shit planes like passenger aircraft.

It doesn't come with cool fighter jets like the F-22: Raptor or the F-35: Lightning II, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

It doesn't come with cool fighter jets like the F-22: Raptor or the F-35: Lightning II, etc.
      More planes here:
      http://www.flightgear.org/download/aircraft-v2-8/

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
        But its mostly shit planes there too like boring passenger jets.
        The fighter planes are few and mostly, and often just in alpha or development state.

I want advanced fifth and sixth generation supersonic fighter jets with stealth technology, aeroelastic wings, 3D thrust vectoring, and all that good stuff.
        Last edited by uid313; 23 August 2012, 02:53 PM.

Comment

I think you're looking at the wrong simulator for that kind of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
            I think you're looking at the wrong simulator for that kind of stuff.
            I dun wanna be some faggot who flies some shitty ass passenger airplane like a pussy.
            I wanna fly the fighter jets in supersonic speed like a badass!

Comment

I dun wanna be some faggot who flies some shitty ass passenger airplane like a pussy
              Wrong game dude. Get you an Ace Combat 6 or this other Tom Clancy thingy. They are fcking arcade, but then you will be looking for badass fun anyway I guess.

Comment

I dun wanna be some faggot who flies some shitty ass passenger airplane like a pussy.

Perhaps you would like some Ritalin?

Michael, have you inquired with the FGFS devs about benchmark support?

Comment

I think that this troll post is very funny because the FlightGear's video was made with a jet, how better to shoot yourself in the foot?

I'm impressed by both the visuals of X-Plane are great and the video of FlightGear is impressive too!

Comment

Originally posted by renox View Post
                    I think that this troll post is very funny because the FlightGear's video was made with a jet, how better to shoot yourself in the foot?

I'm impressed by both the visuals of X-Plane are great and the video of FlightGear is impressive too!
                    Yeah, but when you download it, where do you see any jet?
                    It comes only with shit planes. You can download some jets, but they're alpha quality.

Visuals sucks, just fly over a town and its all flat and everything looks like shit. Trees, mountains, etc though look decent.

Comment

Working...
                    X