Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon Gallium3D Gains Greater MSAA Support

Phoronix: Radeon Gallium3D Gains Greater MSAA Support

As expected, with Marek Ol??k requesting a delay in branching Mesa 9.0 so that he can land more features, support for multi-sample anti-aliasing (MSAA) for more ATI/AMD Radeon hardware has landed plus there's improved anti-aliasing support for currently-supported GPUs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hope we can get MSAA (and related AA stuff) into Intel and open source Nvidia too.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Hope we can get MSAA (and related AA stuff) into Intel and open source Nvidia too.
      If I remember correctly, it's already in the Intel driver. Not sure about Nouveau.

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
        If I remember correctly, it's already in the Intel driver. Not sure about Nouveau.
        "but MSAA on nouveau has been implemented for almost a year now"

Comment

Nice that we now have MSAA! The only problem is the low performance of the radeon driver makes enabling MSAA moot.

Comment

Originally posted by gururise View Post
            Nice that we now have MSAA! The only problem is the low performance of the radeon driver makes enabling MSAA moot.
            Well, I think it's worth a shot. MSAA is implemented with all optimizations on R700. The only missing optimization on Evergreen is fast color clear. There is nothing else to make it better AFAIK.

Comment

Might be time for some benchmarks then Michael?

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
                Well, I think it's worth a shot. MSAA is implemented with all optimizations on R700. The only missing optimization on Evergreen is fast color clear. There is nothing else to make it better AFAIK.
                marek for president !!!

awesome job and don't fret with kind of coments since OSS drivers are shaping great but sometime ppl expect the code to magically appear and don't understand the complexity of a GPU driver.[i tried but my C kung-fu was weak, i guess C++ made me lazy ]

either way awesome job and tonight git pull time

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
                  Well, I think it's worth a shot.
                  Actually, great job, Marek. What about Radeon HD 6000? I would like to help testing, but unfortunately mine is muxless and so not available now.

Comment

Best would be to wait until my latest kernel and libdrm fixes are merged (3.6-rc4 maybe?).

Some pieces from the Radeon HD 6000 series are Evergreen GPUs too and those are supported already.

Comment

Working...
                    X