Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 9.0 Branching Delayed So More Features Can Land

Phoronix: Mesa 9.0 Branching Delayed So More Features Can Land

The code branching of the next Mesa release -- what was going to be known as Mesa 8.1 but is now being called Mesa 9.0 -- is being delayed by a few days to allow time for some last-minute features to land...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I heard Ubuntu is supposed to put in a new Mesa later this week (to get Wayland working).
    I hope this doesn't delay or prevent this.

Comment

And that's why we're running rolling releases (like Gentoo): they bring in Mesa git for us on a regular basis. I'm ok with waiting a few weeks for things to be tested.

On another note: I'm looking forward to seeing the (visual) comparison tests between the different anti-aliasing implementations! Bring it!

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
        On another note: I'm looking forward to seeing the (visual) comparison tests between the different anti-aliasing implementations! Bring it!
        The best is usually a combination of them all, but that tends to be on the heavy side

Comment

Any word on whether MSAA will be coming to R600/R700 cards soon as well?

Marek rocks, BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
            Any word on whether MSAA will be coming to R600/R700 cards soon as well?
            Yes for R700, patch is on the mailing list (MSAA 2x/4x/8x).
            Note that you need kernel 3.6-rc3 too.

Comment

Sweet. So, in theory, I could have MSAA with my Radeon HD 4670 with Fedora 18? Or would I have to wait until later or grab the latest git?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
                Sweet. So, in theory, I could have MSAA with my Radeon HD 4670 with Fedora 18? Or would I have to wait until later or grab the latest git?
                Yes if F18 will be released with Linux 3.6 and Mesa 9.0.
                But not sure if MSAA will be usable in all case (game?): http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...413#post281413

Comment

Working...
                X