AMD FirePro M2000 with amd catalyst on Ubuntu 12.04+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
    I moved on to a Lenovo Thinkpad T530 - there you have the option to disable the nvidia graphics card in the bios [...]
    afaik the 8470p was offered at ubook here in Vienna (the edition only with the HD4000 GPU - without dedicated extra nvidia GPU) for students so that should work fine under Linux
    Thank you @kernelOfTruth, I am also wondering if I should choose another model (Dell E5630) with Intel GPU for simplicity, and do not bother with possible GPU issues.

Comment

Originally posted by daroczig View Post
      Thank you @kernelOfTruth, I am also wondering if I should choose another model (Dell E5630) with Intel GPU for simplicity, and do not bother with possible GPU issues.
      yes, that would probably be the best

the intel graphics drivers work really well & in combination with e.g. XFCE I simply could either clone or switch the display output to the connected monitor

it really comes down to the fact whether you need the additional graphics performance or not

with the intel cpu battery runtime is very good

do you mean the dell e6530 ? only found servers under e5630 - looks pretty solid - 10 hours of battery runtime with extended battery

Comment

Working...
      X