Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDB 7.5 Supports Google Go, x32 ABI

Phoronix: GDB 7.5 Supports Google Go, x32 ABI

A new release of the GNU Project Debugger (GDB) brings several features and other improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why do some people always call it "Google Go"? No one says "AT&T C" or "Sun Java" or "Ericsson Erlang" or "Netscape JavaScript" or "IBM Fortran". It's an open source project that has more contributors than just Google employees. Golang.org doesn't even have a Google logo on it.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xCAFE View Post
      Why do some people always call it "Google Go"? No one says "AT&T C" or "Sun Java" or "Ericsson Erlang" or "Netscape JavaScript" or "IBM Fortran". It's an open source project that has more contributors than just Google employees. Golang.org doesn't even have a Google logo on it.
      I tend to use "Google Go" as it makes the name more unique, which is useful when searching for information about the language. The other languages you listed all have unique names

Comment

I find myself saying it out of habit because whenever I need to look up some information on the language, I have to either use "Google Go" or "golang" because Go is such a generic word.

Comment

Originally posted by Vax456 View Post
          I find myself saying it out of habit because whenever I need to look up some information on the language, I have to either use "Google Go" or "golang" because Go is such a generic word.
          "C" is such a generic letter and I've never had problems with it.

Comment

They do say Sun Java, if lately only to distance it from Oracle Java.

Comment

"C" is such a generic letter and I've never had problems with it.
              There aren't a lot of things called C besides just the language. The few that exist are very unpopular in comparison to the language.

There are several things called Go besides just the language. One or two of those are much more popular than the language.

Comment

Also maybe to not confuse it with the other Go language:

Comment

I call it "golang".Yep, it is an open source project and the name "google go" should die out.

Comment

Working...
                  X