• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am broke,

but id defo buy it.

Comment

Supreme Commander

I've never played TA, but I love Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance which is apparently somewhat of a spiritual sequel to TA. If that's even slightly true, I'll be putting my money into this kickstarter.

On a semi related note: I'm soooo sick of all the FPS games in Linux... I'm far more of an RTS man. There are some FPS's I like a lot, and fortunately L4D2 is one of them.

Comment

These are the games Linux users can best support. Small, independent developers full of awesome. Every dollar counts for projects like this, and Linux users can make a very noticeable difference in the bottom line, and also help achieve thems stretch goals.

Comment

Originally posted by elanthis View Post
          These are the games Linux users can best support. Small, independent developers full of awesome. Every dollar counts for projects like this, and Linux users can make a very noticeable difference in the bottom line, and also help achieve thems stretch goals.
          Indie games and Linux fit together. An indie developer gets much more benefit per sale then a big one. A few thousand sales to an Indie dev makes a big difference. Not so much to a billion dollar company. Indie can really use that extra profit.

Comment

Originally posted by n3wu53r View Post
            Indie games and Linux fit together. An indie developer gets much more benefit per sale then a big one. A few thousand sales to an Indie dev makes a big difference. Not so much to a billion dollar company. Indie can really use that extra profit.
            Yup, that's what I've been saying for a while. Thats why Linux is important to so many Kickstarters. It's why Linux is important to Humble Bundles. It's also why I'm not so sure Steam on Linux is all that special, but there are a good number of indie games there so maybe I'll be proven wrong. There's a cost to porting to Linux, but the ROI is worth it for indie games, especially at indie game studio pay rates.

In any case, go give money to the Planetary Annihilation Kickstarter. It's the right thing to do.

Comment

This looks to be an epic RTS. I'll have to throw money at them too!

Comment

Originally posted by FreeBooteR69 View Post
                This looks to be an epic RTS. I'll have to throw money at them too!
                For the Linux version i believe

Comment

Originally posted by elanthis View Post
                  In any case, go give money to the Planetary Annihilation Kickstarter. It's the right thing to do.
                  Wow, this is the most enthusiastic I've ever seen you on these forums. In fact, it's the *only* time I've seen you enthusiastic :-P

Do you work for them?

Comment

Originally posted by baffledmollusc View Post
                    Wow, this is the most enthusiastic I've ever seen you on these forums. In fact, it's the *only* time I've seen you enthusiastic :-P

Do you work for them?
                    Its not a nuclear power plant company its a gaming company...

So it doesn't matter.

I hope he work good if he work for them.

Comment

I'm curious, not judging.

Comment

Working...
                      X