12.8 up on site, but broken link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xillius200 View Post
    Right something is certainly wrong with the Link however you can still obtain the file from the ati server by changing the url to this and then extracting the zip http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/am...x86.x86_64.zip You will then have ati catalyst 12.8
    Thanks for figuring out that minor link change, strange mistake they made, and stranger that they still haven't seemed to get around to fixing it. Does anyone who has this installed notice any changes (improvements/regressions)? I just installed, and it seems to be no different from 12.6.

Comment

Originally posted by chronniff View Post
      Thanks for figuring out that minor link change, strange mistake they made, and stranger that they still haven't seemed to get around to fixing it. Does anyone who has this installed notice any changes (improvements/regressions)? I just installed, and it seems to be no different from 12.6.
      it's built upon the same 8.98 stream as 12.6 so apart from maybe 1%-2% performance increase in some areas lol that's if there are any, the only upgrades are the No more xserver 1.12 crash for amd64 and patches for kernel 3.4 lol So unless you really like to be up to date it's no different than 12.6 lol or if ofc you have xserver 1.12 or want 3.4 kernel however for me it seems as though the animations are a tad faster not very noticeable though lol

Comment

There's nothing besides a few fixes as they have been working on the 9.00 branch for quite some time now. Hopefully coming next month.

Comment

shamefull

I was looking for support for more recent stable kernel versions also.
          They can do this in an agnostic way which doesn't require editing their headers/source everytime the version number changes.
          I guess they feel they need to "validate" support on a case by case basis as budgets permit ?

Comment

Working...
          X