Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xgt001 View Post
    Hi

In 12.10 you will get this if you have not installed the linux-headers package. Although it is not shown as a dependency, catalyst does not work without this. Install linux-headers-generic package and then install fglrx from repository. It should work. The same issue I had encountered on my ubuntu 12.10 install as well
    Can you show me ** please ** where I can find tutorial for installing linux header package specifically for amd 12.11 driver or close to it . I googled but couldn't find a tutirial for at least ubuntu 12.04 for installing linux header . Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by king601 View Post
      Can you show me ** please ** where I can find tutorial for installing linux header package specifically for amd 12.11 driver or close to it . I googled but couldn't find a tutirial for at least ubuntu 12.04 for installing linux header . Thank you
      sudo apt-get -y install linux-headers-generic
      is what he means as i understand him

Comment

Have you guys managed to get Amd 7970m Working ?. I , today did fresh
        installation of ubuntu 12.10 and tried both drivers version from Ubuntu's
        restrcited fglrx-driver post update and from AMD's website 12.11 version
        driver. Both installs , however, when restarting the system after completing
        installation unity disappear and only the desktop shows appear on screen , so I
        cant navigate to anything . Anybody encounter this problem ?
        I had the same problem after installing catalyst 12.10 from AMD's website. I'm using Ubuntu 12.10 with AMD 7670M.

Comment

Hi...the command is as @Wilfred stated
          HTML Code:
          sudo apt-get install linux-headers-generic

. I faced **exactly** the same issues as reported it in this thread when trying to install the later fglrx from either repo or the site.

However this is what I did to fix ...

* Install the linux-headers-generic and then do the steps for amd64 or i386 as shown in this guide

actually I had installed fglrx package from repo after installing the headers. I simply followed the instructions here and just installed the generated deb files (which will overwrite the default catalyst 12.9 Beta from repo). It just worked fine. However you will get a amd testing only watermark. To get rid of that , here is a small patch which I found somewhere in the web

Code:
          #!/bin/sh
          DRIVER=/usr/lib/fglrx/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so
          for x in $(objdump -d $DRIVER|awk '/call/&&/EnableLogo/{print "\\x"$2"\\x"$3"\\x"$4"\\x"$5"\\x"$6}'); do
          sed -i "s/$x/\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90/g" $DRIVER
          done
          just log out and log in. Let me know if it does not work. I tried this on a 6370M

personally for me 12.11 beta drivers are working VERY well with KDE

Comment

I've just tried installing catalyst 12.12 and got a black screen after reboot. Couldn't go to command line and had to reinstall the system.
            Any tips on how to access terminal in this case?

Comment

Working...
            X