Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Humble Bundle Launches With Android Focus

Phoronix: New Humble Bundle Launches With Android Focus

It's time for another Humble Bundle game offering where it's pay-what-you-want, DRM-free, and cross-platform. This new bundle is Humble Bundle Android #3, but titles are also available for Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Little unrelated but somehow related topic, as the number of game and app for android is rising, if anybody could make a Delvik port to Linux desktops then we could also enjoy android apps on Linux. It would be beneficial for both users and developers.

Comment

2 abad

I don't have an android.

Comment

nt sure

Originally posted by Tiger_Coder View Post
        Little unrelated but somehow related topic, as the number of game and app for android is rising, if anybody could make a Delvik port to Linux desktops then we could also enjoy android apps on Linux. It would be beneficial for both users and developers.
        but i guess you can try virtualisation.

Comment

What exactly do you mean by "Delvik port to Linux"? Delvik runs on Linux, you can't further port than that I think.

The Android SDK includes an emulator tho, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
            I don't have an android.
            It comes with PC versions of all the games as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
              What exactly do you mean by "Delvik port to Linux"? Delvik runs on Linux, you can't further port than that I think.
              Port to GNU/Linux, X.org, PulseAudio and so on. As it stands there's no proper Dalvik VM port that you could run on your desktop Linux or MeeGo/Tizen distribution.

Comment

Brilliant stuff, big thanks to the HIB guys for sticking to making PC games Linux compatible as well.

(even if it means enlisting the help of Crossover at times - that's not perfect, but it's effort they did, and Crossover isn't evil - it does help Linux overall).

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post

The Android SDK includes an emulator tho, doesn't it?
                  Dalvik runs on Android Linux kernel but not on Linux desktops. And the emulator of Android SDK is based on Qemu. With the rise of complex Android games and applications with dual-core/quad-core ARM CPU and HD Tablets and also Console Ouya, the emulator won't be efficient for playing them. Also its not very user friendly for end user. For Ubuntu or other Linux desktops, a android runtime would be blessing as it will bring the ever increasing android apps and games to Linux desktop.

Comment

Dalvik runs on Android Linux kernel but not on Linux desktops. And the emulator of Android SDK is based on Qemu. With the rise of complex Android games and applications with dual-core/quad-core ARM CPU and HD Tablets and also Console Ouya, the emulator won't be efficient for playing them.
                    But aren't many of these complex Android games build using the Android NDK? If so then how are you going to run native ARM code on x86 without an emulator?

Comment

Working...
                    X