Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullet Physics - Linux OpenCL

Michael,

I noticed something I missed in March. We've all been waiting on BP 3.0 for OSS OpenCL supported physics under linux. I noticed that ver 2.8 already has GPU support for its rigid body pipeline. They include some precompiled demonstration binaries which may be a nice addition to the Phoronix Test Suite.

Take a peek

F

I think the JavaScript build of BB is more impressive ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      I think the JavaScript build of BB is more impressive ;-)
      Sry, BB means "Black Berry" at my job, and means "Big Bang" when I associate it with Physics.. What is it an innitialism for?

F

Comment

I really meant Bullet Physics :-)

There was a Phoronix article about this a while ago. Now if OpenCL in JavaScript was possible, that would even be more aweome.

(The project that allows for building to JS is this: https://github.com/kripken/emscripten/wiki. I almost crapped my pants when I first the BB engine running in a browser with WebGL...)

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          Now if OpenCL in JavaScript was possible, that would even be more aweome.
          webcl? Not javascript, but in the browser with javascript bindings.
          WebCL 1.0 defines a JavaScript binding to the Khronos OpenCL standard for heterogeneous parallel computing. WebCL enables web applications to harness GPU and multi-core CPU parallel processing from within a Web browser, enabling significant acceleration of applications such as image and video processing and advanced physics for WebGL games. WebCL has been developed in close cooperation with the Web community and provides the potential to extend t

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
            webcl? Not javascript, but in the browser with javascript bindings.
            http://www.khronos.org/webcl/
            Lol, that would mean that you could do folding@home or SETI by simply visiting the appropriate website.

Neat.

Comment

Originally posted by russofris View Post
              Lol, that would mean that you could do folding@home or SETI by simply visiting the appropriate website.

Neat.
              That could also mean instead of displaying ads content providers can waste your notebook battery by generating bitcoins when you visit their website.

Not so neat.

Comment

Working...
              X