NVIDIA 304.37 Linux Driver Brings 41 Official Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    No, that's not my idea, although I can see how somebody of your intellectual capacity could hallucinate something that stupid.

My idea is that they should release documentation for their hardware, so the nouveau folks can improve their driver. Work with the nouveau devs instead of blacklisting their driver. What do you have against that idea?
    Nothing. But it has nothing to do with the command line option.

You know, if "intellectual capacity" is important to you, then why do you write idiotic posts?

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
      Yes and no. first of all, looks like neither of us bothered to read the tooltip, lol, it plainly says that (at the moment I hope):

So no Override for us, do file a bug report though, use the 'buton' reason

Then I tested with Tesselation Normal:
      4xAA: FPS: 26.8 / Scores: 674 / Min FPS: 18.9 / Max FPS: 54.4
      FXAA: FPS: 30.2 / Scores: 762 / Min FPS: 20.8 / Max FPS: 62.7
      Looks like the shaders get hammered on Tess Xtreme and FXAA suffers...

That's one thing, and the other, since I can't stand tearing and since nVidia set Vsync ON by default in the newer drivers I tend to forget about it so my old tests (and this one above) where done with Vsync ON, so turning Vsync OFF with Tesselation Xtreme got me this:
      4xAA: FPS: 19.4 / Scores: 488 / Min FPS: 10.8 / Max FPS: 46.4
      FXAA: FPS: 21.5 / Scores: 542 / Min FPS: 11.5 / Max FPS: 54.0

Maybe this needs testing with some other programs too, Michael said he has an AA comparison in the works so he'll cover it better, also I'm pretty sick of starring at looping demos daaammmit.
      More or less whats expected on a Windows OS then: FXAA is faster then 4xMSAA, but at the cost of some image quality in some instances.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        You know, if "intellectual capacity" is important to you, then why do you write idiotic posts?
        I am sure imaginary property is important to Intel and AMD too, but they still have managed to develop open source device drivers and released hardware documentation to device driver developers.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          I am sure imaginary property is important to Intel and AMD too, but they still have managed to develop open source device drivers and released hardware documentation to device driver developers.
          Good for them.

Comment

Sure. What does an option to blacklist the nouveau driver have to do with the nouveau driver?

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
              Sure. What does an option to blacklist the nouveau driver have to do with the nouveau driver?
              This is so easy to answer, a 4 year old could do it. But OK, since you don't understand, I'll explain:

It stops the Nouveau driver from loading, because if it's loaded, any other driver accessing the same hardware cannot work.

Ah well, some people simply have trouble grasping very simple things. Don't be ashamed. Rather, you should feel special.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
                The Linux kernel should add an option to kill the nvidia blob.
                Phoronix should add an option to ignore asdx.... oh wait! there is one ~ simply navigate to asdx' profile and click 'add to ignore list'...lol

done and done

Comment

Originally posted by ninez View Post
                  Phoronix should add an option to ignore asdx.... oh wait! there is one ~ simply navigate to asdx' profile and click 'add to ignore list'...lol

done and done
                  But then how would the threads get fertilized around here?

Comment

ROFL! I don't think the threads here need that kind of an unhealthy fertilizer...

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat
                      My idea is that they should release documentation for their hardware, so the nouveau folks can improve their driver. Work with the nouveau devs instead of blacklisting their driver. What do you have against that idea?
                      Originally posted by RealNC
                      Originally posted by pingufunkybeat
                      This is so easy to answer, a 4 year old could do it.
                      You're making this too easy. It took you exactly two posts to turn 180 degrees. All I did was bemoan Nvidia's treatment of nouveau and here you are, still going around in circles raging about who-knows-what.

Have a herbal infusion and leave the internet for a week, kid.

Comment

Working...
                      X