Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero Halliburton S1

Phoronix: Zero Halliburton S1

If you are looking for a secure and nearly indestructible way to transport your laptop and other items, Zero Halliburton has a very viable option with their S1-SI Premium Slimline Attache.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Handcuffs? Handcuffs..?
    Are you serious?

It's trivial to open them *without* a key (if you are not wearing them ofc).

Comment

When I saw Michael first mention security as a selection criteria I laughed and thought something like "security ? not without a pair of handcuffs at least...".

Way ahead of me.

I had actually been picturing the laptop case handcuffed to your wrist, but I guess a hotel room table leg is close enough
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
        Handcuffs? Handcuffs..?
        Are you serious?

It's trivial to open them *without* a key (if you are not wearing them ofc).
        It's more of a deterrent than anything, to prevent a quick snatch-and-grab or whatever. I've also been thinking about using a reliable bicycle lock or something in the future - to also avoid airport issues...
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Being discrete i think is a better measure against theft. And this suitcase is not so "stealth". But on the plus side you can always mess with the security people when asked about the handcufs.

"I am into kinky sex" would be my answer

Comment

Is 3 digits secure?

Is 3 digits secure?

Would be pretty cool if you unlocked it with a smartphone over NFC with cryptography.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              Is 3 digits secure?

Would be pretty cool if you unlocked it with a smartphone over NFC with cryptography.
              Umm pretty sure that lock is mechanical thus immune to NFC vulnerabilities

Comment

Originally posted by Ramiliez View Post
                Umm pretty sure that lock is mechanical thus immune to NFC vulnerabilities
                But 3 digits is little. I could do a brute-force attack on that. Just do trial-and-error, it shouldn't take too long.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                  But 3 digits is little. I could do a brute-force attack on that. Just do trial-and-error, it shouldn't take too long.
                  So true. Even if it took you 3 seconds to try each combination (which is a gross over estimate), it would take ~50 minutes to try ALL of the combinations. It would typically take half that time to get the right combination and less than 3 seconds. So you'd be looking at <20 minutes to crack the case.

But as Michael said, it's mostly used as a deterrent and to avoid snatch and runs.

Comment

Bike chain? Pfft, go all out on a good chain:

Comment

Working...
                    X