OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Delivers Some Performance Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsmithhfx View Post
    Only an idiot would acquire a "$2100 rMBP" to benchmark rubbish games on, or really, to run anything other than OS X. The sooner Michael Larrabel realizes that, the better off we'll all be.

Michael needs to come in out of the sun, pour himself a nice tall refreshing, non-alcoholic beverage, and refocus.
    well that uber high resolution screen seems really useful for coding and graphic art only optimus screw it[maybe for the price they should stick with nvidia/amd only GPU LOL] but sure if you don't code or do graphic work for 2000$ that screen is too overkill.

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
      well that uber high resolution screen seems really useful for coding and graphic art only optimus screw it[maybe for the price they should stick with nvidia/amd only GPU LOL] but sure if you don't code or do graphic work for 2000$ that screen is too overkill.
      I've seen one in the wild. Text and other vector graphics appear to be the greatest beneficiary of the 220 dot pitch (they are very sharp). Photo and video show some improvement, not $1000 worth.

In theory, a 2880x1800 display would be great for coding -- just not in a 14" form factor, unless maybe you happen to code through a microscope. A conventional 1900x1080 desktop display would actually be far more useful, for that matter so would a 17" laptop if you must go mobile. You can buy an hd1080 display for less than $200, and a 17" laptop for less than $400.

Bonus: Linux will run on that sub-$400 laptop.

Comment

Most Macolytes I've encountered are anxious to visibly manifest superiority.
        And most Lintards I know are quick to bash anything Apple related without knowing at all what they are talking about, then wrap themselves their own incorrect superiority.

But hey, since I am not a Macolyte and you couldn't possibly be a Lintard, we are both in the clear, right?

Perhaps your money would be better spend on instruction in etiquette.
        I just prefer not to waste my skills in etiquette on those who do not deserve them.

Comment

Originally posted by russofris View Post
          The 10.7 mbp has 1024mb VRAM and the 10.8 mbp has 512mb VRAM.

sup wit that?
          On 10.7 it's probably reporting the GeForce's vram, and on 10.8 it's reporting the HD4000's vram. Why? I don't know...

Comment

Working...
          X