How To Help Improve, Develop Mesa Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whitecat View Post
    Interesting, on my hardware (Pentium E2160@2,7GHz, 2 Go RAM, HD4850) I remember that ETQW worked on F16 but was too slow to be playable. With F17 that was much better, but the current upstream is for me the first "version" really playable. ETQW runs at 30~60 FPS in 1680*1050 (low details), without bugs or crash obviously (except with Linux 3.5).
    It does works for me with the latest Kernel and Mesa drivers available in the Fedora 16 repositories. Granted, I had to set r_useIndexBuffers to 1 in .etqwctl/base/etqwconfig.cfg to get everything running smoothly and I am playing the game at only 1280x720 (with default graphics settings). Not sure what FPS I am getting as I neglected to activate the FPS meter, but it is certainly playable.

Here are my complete system specifications:
    Operating System: Fedora 16 Linux
    Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 4670
    Memory: 4 Gigabytes
    Processor: AMD Sempron CPU 2.7 Ghz
    Hard Drive: 2 TB Western Digital Caviar Green

Still, now I am curious to if I will get any speed up when I upgrade to Fedora 18 in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
      Here are my complete system specifications:
      Operating System: Fedora 16 Linux
      Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 4670
      Memory: 4 Gigabytes
      Processor: AMD Sempron CPU 2.7 Ghz
      Hard Drive: 2 TB Western Digital Caviar Green
      Don't forget to tell manually to ETQW how many VRAM you have, because it fails to detect automatically and set only 128 MB of VRAM.

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
      Still, now I am curious to if I will get any speed up when I upgrade to Fedora 18 in the fall.
      For sure! Believe me

Comment

Originally posted by whitecat View Post
        Don't forget to tell manually to ETQW how many VRAM you have, because it fails to detect automatically and set only 128 MB of VRAM
        Already have that covered:

/usr/local/games/etqw/etqw.x86 +set sys_videoRam 1024

Comment

Working...
        X