Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Top Features Of Fedora 18 "Spherical Cow"

Phoronix: The Top Features Of Fedora 18 "Spherical Cow"

With Fedora 18 entering its feature freeze and branching today, here's a rundown of some of the most interesting features to be found in this next Fedora release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

256-color terminal is cool!
    Then I show pretty Nyan Cat on the terminal.

Boring that there seems to be no Wayland integration work on Fedora though.

Comment

A new Anaconda installer user-interface to improve the Fedora installation experience. They also hope to improve the initial setup experience for the Spherical Cow.
      Here is hoping that the Anaconda partitioner will no longer operate in MBs but instead measures drives in GBs. Seriously

Comment

Well, I actually like all the ad stuff. That would make it easy to integrate a linux and ms windows environment.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          256-color terminal is cool!
          Then I show pretty Nyan Cat on the terminal.

Boring that there seems to be no Wayland integration work on Fedora though.
          Too early. Wayland is coming along nicely, and no doubt Fedora people are thinking about the problem, but it's not really ready for anyone but developers to be playing with it yet - and developers will be building it themselves from source...

Comment

- Secure Boot support so that Fedora Linux can play well with retail PCs that are certified for Microsoft Windows 8.

One of the reasons I will never ever install Fedora, Ubuntu or any other CIA-supported distros on my computer. Their goal is to force everyone to use "backdoored" operating systems.

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post
              - Secure Boot support so that Fedora Linux can play well with retail PCs that are certified for Microsoft Windows 8.

One of the reasons I will never ever install Fedora, Ubuntu or any other CIA-supported distros on my computer. Their goal is to force everyone to use "backdoored" operating systems.
              Sheesh, what paranoia. If you read the documentation, you can also generate your own key, install that on your own computer and remove all the other keys. It's work, but quite doable. And don't forget, you already trust the distro with root. Don't forget that even on fedora with selinux turned on, rpm runs effectively without protection and can therefore do anything and everything on your system.

Comment

Working...
              X