X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thorhammer has kernel 2.6.24

Comment

Originally posted by mlau View Post
      Problems like these are kernel-dependent, not at all distro related; it could happen on any provided they
      use the same kernel. So when something like this happens
      grab the latest kernel package offered by your distro and try again. Or better yet, compile and test the
      latest git sources ;-)
      OK... I am relatively new to Linux (about 9-10 months now. Are there any issues with grabbing the latest kernel and then still using repositories from the 'base' install. I have been reading the Debian forums, but not managed to find an answer to that.

If not then I guess I could go to the Kernel that 'Lenny' is using and still use 'Etch' repositories.

I am starting to think I am 'anal' about control and just need to bite the bullet and go with Gentoo... which seems like a royal pain in the arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Thorhammer has kernel 2.6.24
        Its also based on the unstable branch of Debian. Not sure I want to go there, but I will do some reading on it. I am more of a 'stabilty' guy than a 'bleeding edge' guy. I just have newer hardware that is pushing me towards the bleeding edge or apparently a custom kernel.

Comment

Thorhammer is based on Debian Etch + >60 backports. + latest kernel (modified Ubuntu one).

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            Thorhammer is based on Debian Etch + >60 backports. + latest kernel (modified Ubuntu one).
            Cool.

The reviews I had read on it said it was based on SID. Do you have a link to the site?

Comment

Of course latest one is always on the left side - look below preview release. Same URL + .md5 will be the checksum.

Comment

Working...
              X