Qt's Lars Knoll: "It's Really Sad To See This Happen"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texaswriter1983 View Post
    You can't tell me I'm mistaken and then agree with me at the same time. Your post is diddling with semantics.

If you attempt to say that programming is just using a language, try writing a simple GUI program in C, C++, C#, or even assembly. Even with your frameworks, it would be an extreme pain. What QT does, framework or toolkit, is make this process very easy within the context of a language.

Also, by the way, I'm sure there is some significant difference between framework or toolkit, calling QT something broader means that you agree with me even more. QT has audio toolkits, video toolkits, etc etc. This doesn't make me mistaken or wrong.

ALSO, your entire post is a red herring.

To bring this back to the original meaning, I'll restate the previous post. Here, I'll even use your word, since you've demonstrated that you care about semantics more than actuality.

QT is a framework containing many toolkits that programmers can use to create a different programming environment or "world". It embodies easily creating programs that seamlessly and effortlessly work on multiple platforms. There is no single framework encompassing so many programming elements (toolkits) that allows such cross-platform programming to be undertaken so easily.

FOr the trolls, I am not saying there are no cross-platform frameworks or toolkits.
    You're saying programmers _live_ in gui tookits.
    That is not the case, you certainly need to use one gui toolkit or another but it isn't the majority of your application by any means. The gui is only a small part.
    When someone says toolkit it usually refers to "gui toolkit".
    Maybe I was simply misinterpreting your post if this was not your meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by n3wu53r View Post
      You're saying programmers _live_ in gui tookits.
      That is not the case, you certainly need to use one gui toolkit or another but it isn't the majority of your application by any means. The gui is only a small part.
      When someone says toolkit it usually refers to "gui toolkit".
      Maybe I was simply misinterpreting your post if this was not your meaning.
      You are taking my example and applying it to the whole post. This is not supported by what I said.

QT is far more than a GUI toolkit. I think I said something like this in my post (audio, video, etc). Perhaps you didn't read my post.

Reading this page can familiarize you with what "toolkits" are available in QT, not just GUI toolkit

Comment

Working...
      X