Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showing Off The Linux-Friendly Unigine Renderer

Phoronix: Showing Off The Linux-Friendly Unigine Renderer

Besides Valve Software, another Linux-friendly game company to be presenting next week at SIGGRAPH LA 2012 is another Phoronix favorite, Unigine Corp...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I gonna buy Oil Rush but only after we get the Steam client and they make the Steam version of the game

Comment

Incredible!

Comment

glad and sad

I am glad Valve is coming, but i am really concerned with Unigine. I really hope their sales will increase. I really hope more companies will use their engine.

Comment

Questions as usual ?

How about a free SDK for free stuff?
          Please?

Will there be Rift integration?
          [http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...into-the-game]

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
            I gonna buy Oil Rush but only after we get the Steam client and they make the Steam version of the game
            I bought the Oil Rush on DVD with Win/Apple/Linux installer and I also received Steam password so I was able to connect the DVD with Steam and now I have it on one PC installed trough Steam and on another trough DVD and it works very well So no need to wait :P

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
              You can use Oil Rush key in Steam ( for now only Windows/Mac ofc ) & Desura
              Part of e-mail & received this morning:

Please note that you can also activate your key in Steam (Windows) or Desura (Windows, Linux) (enter the key without hyphens, "-" symbols) for more convenient updates (faster download, less traffic). Bundle keys are also redeemable now on Desura.
              So You can buy this game now & activate it later under Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by Kakarott View Post
                How about a free SDK for free stuff?
                Please?

Will there be Rift integration?
                [http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...into-the-game]

yep they need to give more options like unity to be more competitive.

Comment

So how come nobody uses this engine if it is clearly capable of outputting nice graphics?

I guess people are just too "brainwashed" by Unreal Engine 3 or something :P

Comment

Originally posted by 9a3eedi View Post
                    So how come nobody uses this engine if it is clearly capable of outputting nice graphics?

I guess people are just too "brainwashed" by Unreal Engine 3 or something :P
                    The biggest argument that I've heard (multiple times) is that it's not the graphics quality, but the SDK, Toolkit, and content-building applications that make or break an engine.

Comment

Working...
                    X