Comment

Originally posted by huhn_m View Post
      Can you check in /usr/share/config/kdm/kdmrc wether

#PreselectUser=Previous

is commented out or set to Previous?
      It's set correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
        Then bitch at NVidia. They obviously introduced a regression. I'm still on 295.49 and have no such issues.
        But thanks for the warning. Not upgrading the drivers was an oversight by me but now I'll hold off upgrading the drivers on purpose.
        Just downgraded to 295.59. Same thing. It's not to the point of being unusable, mind you. It's "just" very annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          Well, then you're running some mini fork rather than upstream, official KDE. If Kubuntu doesn't have the bugs, it doesn't mean that KDE doesn't either.
          It comes with some workarounds or paper cuts. For me it matters to have rock stable distribution rather than the latest stuff. However, I'll install 4.9 when it will be available in backports.

Comment

Originally posted by mgraesslin View Post
            This is a bug in Aurorae which got spotted last weekend, while the patch is already finished it was too late for 4.9.0. Switching to any non Aurorae theme will fix
            I since long time made the experience that other themes than oxygen do have

- reduced features
            - reduced reliability
            - reduced performance

Kde gets a bad reputation for having this childish pixel feature!
            Also there are other features not needed and not working. Just throw that all away!

I ever hear about bugs using Kde but never encountered any of them...
            Kde could have the same fame of reliability as gnome2 if they introduced stricter policies!

Also: If Kmix is not maintained any more but there is an alternative, why not take that? Like it was done with Taskmanager and Icontasks. Such a big software collection as Kde needs a mechanism known to Gentoo users as: Last rites

Comment

Originally posted by ulenrich View Post
              If Kmix is not maintained any more but there is an alternative, why not take that?
              KMix still works and VeroMix depends on PulseAudio.
              Using the word ?unmaintained? was a bit too harsh. KMix gets attention every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by ulenrich View Post
                Also there are other features not needed and not working. Just throw that all away!
                They can't just throw stuff away on a whim. KDE has strict backwards-compatibility rules. However, they can throw stuff away for a major release, and in fact they are in the process of doing exactly that for the upcoming frameworks release, including for window decorations and I think themes as well.

Comment

Argh...

Slowly, but surely, KDE is driving me nuts. Sometimes it's like running pre-alpha software.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                    Lol I had a similar problem, but I was using the taskbar at the top and, on every reboot it would be positioned some 60px down from the top. I changed it back up every time but didn't made a difference. It seems like KDE is sort of like Windows where bugs keep piling up until you have no choice but to format the hard drive and re-install the OS.

Comment

Fortunately I found the fix. Logout, do:

rm .kde4/share/config/plasma-desktoprc

and login again.

Comment

Working...
                      X