Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HokTar View Post
    1) Support for cmake
    2) A colour scheme like Cobalt in Gedit -> blue background and nicely readable fonts
    3) Syntax highlight for Cuda/OpenCL besides C++

Then I'm all for it!
    With the exception of OpenCL I think you're going to be happy. Do you care at all about pragma based - OpenMP or HMPP? What about AMP?
    -----
    For colors - what if you had the ability to set them yourself? Dark backgrounds with lighter fonts is harder to read in my experience.

The "readable" fonts issue may also be limited to what's installed on your system by default, graphics/monitor/lcd and the quality of anti-aliasing support. (IOW - I'm not sure how much control we'll have over this on linux.)

Comment

Originally posted by codestr0m View Post
      We have a non-public[1] roadmap we're working on, but I'm happy to discuss your needs. Feel free to contact me direct or just share your wishlist here.

[1] The more people we hire the more aggressive we can be about our roadmap. At the point when we feel comfortable with everything we can commit to we'll be more public about it.
      Open source!
      Color scheme compatibility with gedit, vi or emacs so you can just take the file you already have and import it.

See: /usr/share/gtksourceview-3.0/styles/

Comment

We have a non-public[1] roadmap we're working on, but I'm happy to discuss your needs. Feel free to contact me direct or just share your wishlist here.
        Better C++ parser, which does not stumble on STL iterators, pretty please.

Comment

With the exception of OpenCL I think you're going to be happy. Do you care at all about pragma based - OpenMP or HMPP? What about AMP?
          At this point not really. Later on we want to parallelise the code for multiple GPUs, hence any assistance with that from the IDE would be appreciated.
          I hope to port our Cuda code to HSA/OpenCL at some point so syntax highlighting for that would be nice. Moreover, I think there are lots of people who work with both Cuda and OpenCL, but of course I might be mistaken.

For colors - what if you had the ability to set them yourself? Dark backgrounds with lighter fonts is harder to read in my experience.
          Yeah, that's the "normal" behaviour in IDE's I guess. But a well-thought-through scheme beats my settings even if I spend days on it. Can't you just simply import a few schemes to have them as defaults (e.g. from Gedit) and also let users customise them, too.
          Might be slightly harder to read but they are also easier on the eyes. I can't stare at a white background for a day...

The "readable" fonts issue may also be limited to what's installed on your system by default, graphics/monitor/lcd and the quality of anti-aliasing support. (IOW - I'm not sure how much control we'll have over this on linux.)
          While this is true your defaults probably still matter. I recently tried Kdevelop and found that it's harder to read than Gedit.

Edit: As others asked already, will it be open source or will we have to buy it as plugins?

Comment

Multi screen

One feature that is sorely missing from Qt Creator at the moment is proper support for multiple screens. Also, continuing the work to use clang for syntax highlighting etc looks like a promising strategy in future.

Comment

My wishlist:

* Multiple screens support, not only for the help browser.
              * Better refactoring support, the current refactoring support is a bit slow and unreliable in my opinion.
              * Better support for C++11.

Comment

Working...
              X