No announcement yet.

What to expect for 8.01 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've switched to RadeonHD, but if the next fglrx version fixes the switching VT bug and video tearing I might go back...until RadeonHD is fully functional of course.
    Last edited by maggot_brain; 08 January 2008, 09:13 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I've also switched to the radeonhd driver and it seems almost as good as the fglrx driver for video on my 690G and doesn't have the diagonal tear.

I used 8.43 for a while, but I can't cope without widescreen (my system is a PVR) and 7.11 didn't seem to have enough additional benefits for me to bother installing it. :-(

Here's hoping that xv works on amd64 systems!

Comment

Originally posted by timmydog View Post
        I've also switched to the radeonhd driver and it seems almost as good as the fglrx driver for video on my 690G and doesn't have the diagonal tear.

I used 8.43 for a while, but I can't cope without widescreen (my system is a PVR) and 7.11 didn't seem to have enough additional benefits for me to bother installing it. :-(

Here's hoping that xv works on amd64 systems!
        well, there was a report of someone getting the 1650x1080 to work after forcing the prefered mode via a specified modeline in the modes section. try looking at the last pages of the 7.12 thread and you could try out the howto about extracting the modeline from your xorg.log and try use it as indicated there. maybe you'll be lucky and have it work.
        xv seems to work but only for some boards but it's slow when it does.

Comment

I'm sorry but exactly what do you all need XV for. I use opengl for video. Is XV better or something.

On topic: I'd like native 1680x1050 support and not have to use a modeline to get it. I'd also like to see AIGLX working properly and compiz running properly. (Perhaps these problems go hand in hand?) As its ATI though I can't expect too much from them. However I suppose if you go into it not expecting much of anything and you end up getting a lot its a nice surprise but again don't expect much.

Comment

I would like to see X1100 graphics work in 2d without graphical artifacts ^^
            But I'm almost sure that there will be no fix

Comment

Are you talking about corruption around the cursor and in the lower right hand corner, or some other kind of artifacts ?
              Test signature

Comment

Sometimes I get the corruption around the cursor. Nothing special, normaly disapear after changing window or so.

Comment

Originally posted by cjr2k3 View Post
                  Sometimes I get the corruption around the cursor. Nothing special, normaly disapear after changing window or so.
                  i think this is due to some refresh rate and offscreen issue. after adding the xaanooffscreen option in xorg.conf you sometime experience this with boards that seem to have low values of fps.

Comment

I sincerly hope that they fix the really annoying gamma bug, which was only partially fixed, at least for me.
                    I expect nothing and I can say that if the next one or two drivers will be just as bad as the others before I am going to buy an nVidia card.

Comment

I'm running on a lowly Mobility 9600 (M10). I was happy when the new speed boost came with the rewrite however the latest 7-12 has killed performance on 3D apps, namely Wings3D. Further more when I program in OpenGL, accessing framebuffer objects, EXT_framebuffer_object, and VBOs also is generating errors with code known to work in the past.

Having the issues affecting OpenGL programming is what I'd like to see fixed.

Btw. I just bought a 22 inch 1680x1050 native rez monitor and it will display widescreen. So did my 1280x800 lvdms. However I will concede there appears to be a problem with EDID handling. My lvdms EDID is either undetectable or non-existent so Catalyst never showed a problem. My monitor however does have detectable EDID and I had to add an Option ForceMonitors (nolvdms, crt1) to my xorg.conf for flgrx to work.

Comment

Working...
                      X