What to expect for 8.01 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to expect for 8.01 ?

So, what should we expect for the next release?

My guess is that at least the widescreen resolution problem should be fixed.

Hopefully AIGLX will be usable (scrolling for example).

What else?

Best expect nothing, then you will not be disappointed

Comment

You're absolutelly right... But I've been expecting nothing for a few months (and didn't get disappointed, because nothing was delivered anyway).

Time to push it a little .

New year, maybe the devs are more motivated or something...

Comment

The some for everyone doesn't seem to apply for all people it seems haha.

I actually have no (showstopper) issues at present time, believe it or not. Improvements to the driver such that Compiz works a bit better I guess? That's about it really >_>

Comment

more bugs? that's guaranteed to succeed :]

Comment

well, i expect that the resolution problem would be fixed and that there would be some other old known issues added to the known issues list. the last thing that i expect is that agp would finally be found and recognized by the driver.

Comment

I am expecting widescreen to come back. Why 7.12 was even released with such a glaring usability problem is atrocious. I don't think anyone would have missed that one monthly release if it meant there was less time spent on tying everything up into a release and more on fixing problems.

And I'd hope at some level the developers spend time on important issues like proper video playback. I could give a damn about a wobbly window or a desktop cube when playing videos results in horrible playback ability(without AIGLX). My videos have horrible diagonal tearing. Using 7.11 now; which is nice because every openGL app leaks memory like crazy. Course 7.12 fixes it but the aforementioned resolution problem makes it not so worth it.

Ugh I just can't wait until there is support for xvideo and 3d on the open source side of things. Then I can began the phase in my life where I can forget about the horrible experiences I have had with fglrx.

Comment

Hope that he resolution issue will be fixed and that compiz will work again with xorg 7.3

Comment

Originally posted by koolmanoncampus View Post
                  Ugh I just can't wait until there is support for xvideo and 3d on the open source side of things. Then I can began the phase in my life where I can forget about the horrible experiences I have had with fglrx.
                  Yep, maybe then I can pull the nvidia card I purchased (7300LE) and run my onboard ATI again (I really don't want high performance, just things to work properly)

Comment

next month i expect some russian hackers finally build an usable Xpress 200M driver for MacOSX (hackint0sh)...
                    http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.p...&gopid=569404&

eerr... sorry from _ATI_ i dont expect nothing but bugs.

some enthusiast groups put a lot more effort on building better graphic solutions than _ATI_

shame on you ati

my laptop has an integrated _ATI_, i can do nothing but be at _ati's_ will

sorry my fracking english...

Comment

Working...
                    X