No announcement yet.

What to expect for 8.01 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never use sleep or hibernate on my laptop, but I might begin using it if ATI fixes those problems. But I'd rather see the AGP fixes and a fix for the 1680x1050 problem, but according to your source those problems will all be solved

Comment

The 1680x1050 problem fix / non-VESA mode problem is FIXED in 8.01.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

8.01 wiil be available for firegl ?
        I ask because last year firegls were really supported in many few releases.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky_ View Post
          8.01 wiil be available for firegl ?
          I ask because last year firegls were really supported in many few releases.
          Yes, it will. The lack of FireGL support came down to the implementation of the new fglrx driver -- so future releases should all support the FireGL ASICs but as has been the case, there is about a release every quarter that is "certified" for the workstation usage.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Yes, it will. The lack of FireGL support came down to the implementation of the new fglrx driver -- so future releases should all support the FireGL ASICs but as has been the case, there is about a release every quarter that is "certified" for the workstation usage.
            Cool, the certified 7.12 scrambled the screen on a fresh install of ubuntu.
            I could not read a single line once the desktop is loaded. (on gdm it's fine, and I don't think to have compiz active )

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Has anyone be able to activate composite on a FireGL with 7.12 drivers ? I guess it will not be fixed on 8.01, but opengl overlay is forced to on when a firegl board is detected, what prevents composite to be used.

Any idea if it is a knwon bug/fix ?

Comment

Linux 8.1 drivers online :http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/l...ux-radeon.html

New Supported Operating Systems

This release of the ATI Catalyst Linux software suite introduces support for the following new operating systems

* RedHat Enteprise Linux 5.1
                * RedHat Enteprise Linux 4.6
                * Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon)

Resolved Issues

The following section provide a brief description of resolved issues with the latest version of the ATI Catalyst™ Linux software suite. These include:

* Corruption will no longer be noticed in the lower right corner of the display or on the mouse pointer after the system is running for a long period of time
                * Connecting a display device that supports 1680x1050 to a system running Linux will no longer result in a maximum display resolution of 1280x1024 only being available
                * Custom mode lines in xorg.conf will no longer be ignored by the fglrx driver
                * Suspending to RAM or DISK on kernel version 2.6.23 or later no longer fails

Known Issues

The following section provides a brief description of known issues associated with the latest version of ATI Catalyst™ Linux software suite. These issues include:

* On workstation hardware 3D applications will be corrupted if the screen width is not an integer multiple of 64 pixels, for example with a 1680x1050 wide screen display. Further details can be found in topic number 737-31720
                * There is no support for video playback on the second head in dual head mode. Further details can be found in topic number 737-26985
                * Desktop corruption may be noticed when dragging the overlay/video when using dual-display mode. Further details can be found in topic number 737-29578
                * A black screen may be observed on some hardware when switching to the console or leaving the X window system when a Vesa framebuffer console driver is used. Further details can be found in topic number 737-30687
                * Display flicker may be noticed when the gnome screen-saver starts
                * Diagonal tearing may be noticed when playing a video file using a video player that utilizes the XVideo extension
                * Video playback may look blocky when playing a video file using a video player that utilizes the XVideo extension
                * Video Playback may display wrong colors and additional shadow images when cropping or expanding a video file using a video player that utilizes the XVideo extension
                * Building RPM packages for Mandriva may fail

Comment

I should have asked 3d acceleration *grrr*

Comment

Working...
                  X