KLANG: A New Linux Audio System For The Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
    To have some work to make doom2 with midi output in dosbox work? Yes, I know lots of people that expect their doom2 to work out of the box.
    The bigger issue is a linux version of doom2 that's included in the repositories doesn't work out of the box, I now have the msdos version running better than it. As many linux games it's hardcoded for a qwerty keyboard too, but not in the way DOS/Windows games are, so I can't change weapons and properly strafe but that can be fixed with setxkbmap us.

I also remember trying ardour 2. This was on Ubuntu 10.04, I remember it, it said "Jack is not properly running, so I can't run and I will quit immediately". (after apt-get install ardourd presumably installed ardour and jack and set them up)
    I couldn't get it to work, my IT skills weren't great enough it seems. Or it's because I didn't spend a month on it.

Maybe debian/ubuntu created unrealistic expectations. Or there's not enough manpower, so installing the OS and getting a running desktop is easy and automatic and some other stuff is stuck in the past, like running slackware in 1997 (I didn't, I first used Unix in 2002-2004 and Linux in 2007). When Linux had 0.01% desktop market share, not the 1% it has today.
    Last edited by grok; 09 October 2012, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by asdx
      You are all idiots, shut the fuck up already.
      You shut up.

I want to keep on reading.

Comment

• You may rate this thread

Last edited by Will00ard10; 15 October 2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• The status on KLANG?

Has anyone heard anything from the KLANG-lair? Maby something for Michael to look up
          I really wonder if KLANG will go anywhere or if it will die silently because of all the trash talking

Comment

• Hello? Anyone here? What's the status?
            *chirp* *chirp* *chirp*

Comment

• Originally posted by j2723 View Post
              Hello? Anyone here? What's the status?
              *chirp* *chirp* *chirp*
              Status: KLANG died. The dev had a lesson from smarter people. It is on youtube and so funny. Getting ones ass kicked by smarter people in front of an audience and then later have it on youtube is a near perfect defeat.

Thats so sweet since KLANG is nothing but a pile of now dead SHIT.

Comment

• Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
                It is on youtube and so funny. Getting ones ass kicked by smarter people in front of an audience and then later have it on youtube is a near perfect defeat.
                Can you post the link?

Comment

• I would also be interested in the link .

Comment

• Epic talk at 27c3, Berlin, Germany.Wolfgang 'datenwolf' Draxinger holds a talk aboutthe popular linux desktop 'Gnome'.But a lot of the information that he te...

I think this is it. It is almost painful to watch.
                    Last edited by varikonniemi; 23 January 2013, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTdUmlGxVo0

I think this is it. It is almost painful to watch.
                      Thanks! Yes, almost painful

Comment

Working...
                      X