KLANG: A New Linux Audio System For The Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KvR

Btw, the whole of KvR are bitches like this too. They have been lying about this for years.
    However when it comes down to having ears, and sane individual can have a listen:

http://soundcloud.com/groups/kvr-mastering-challenge - My master is PxU.

The whole of KvR with all it`s coders and bitches could not beat it.

Ofcourse selling you junk, with a whole lot of marketingspeak that they want.

Let the idiocy die, and commercial constructs based on ignorance. Realize I am doing the absolute best.

Peace Be With You.
    Last edited by Paradox Ethereal; 06 October 2012, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Professional mastering engineer on KvR is a joke: http://paradoxuncreated.com/Blog/wordpress/?p=2174

But I am sure, as those who are proud to run all services and drivers on windows, increasing jitter to high frameloss, they will side with the idiots, and makes similar claims as just was done here.

Peace Be With you.

Comment

• And when I say KvR couldn`t beat it, I really mean, they couldn`t get close. They are like morons fumbling with DSP. And only another moron is good enough for them.

So ninez why the fuck aren`t you at KvR instead? They you can get gay monkey cottaging apes.

Peace Be With You.

Comment

• Waves. Ubelievable. Their "renaissance" eq, is like an old car eq, you find on the junkheap. My eq uses ONE feedback path. Minimal phasedistortion. Waves has atleast two + another feedback around that. A of marketingspeech calls that "minimal phase" though. Try finding out which one is true, without me telling you.

Also my limiter is the only one with saturation envelope amount & time. With waves L2, you will have to live with it`s tonedeaf ARC. Probably responsible for the bad reputation of loud masters, and the loudness wars debate. Actually I did the saturation time, early, and it was years later copied on KvR. And now I have done amount aswell, perfecting the algorithm. So don`t wait around for the clowns to follow, and make an inferior copy.

Also my compressor is very tunable. Softclipper is also the best possible algo, for it`s use. No-one else does this.

So it`s just for the ones with ability to reflect to acknowledge, and let the others be the firewood for hell, God made them.

Peace Be With You.

Comment

• Here is Alexandra Joner, probably on the intellectual level of Ninez.

New single "Come Inside Me" out now: http://itunes.apple.com/no/album/come-inside-me-single/id561577911 Produced by ELEMENTWritten by Hitesh Ceon, Kim Ofstad...

Whoring around even cheaper than Rihanna. Recordlabel sells it and no doubt, mastered with analog gear from the "golden age" of 78 records. Imagine your amp getting that SPECIAL signal, from pre-hifi times.

And some mindless L2 on that, it does infact make references to gear from that time.

Peace Be With You.

Comment

• Firstly, Paradox Uncreated - I'm sorry you can't handle someone critiquing your kernel and plugins. My advice, do better or grow the fuck up. You claim your plugins are the best around and that your kernel (or standard kernel) makes RT obsolete - that is total BULLSHIT, sorry about your luck.

secondly, I don't own a soundblaster and haven't since the sb16 dayz (ironically, back in the days when people targeted 44100 - which you are still doing 20yrs later...lol) and I tend to purchase proaudio grade hardware NOT consumer grade. ~ you are simply making immature fallacious claims based on nothing but invalid assumptions about me and then using them to create a strawman - that is intellectually dishonest and no doubt just a distraction from the truth - that your kernel and plugins are not as good as you seem to think. - but that's your problem not mine.. and honestly, i am betting a Soundblaster would work better with RT than your kernel, likewise an expensive card also works better with RT. ~ so it matters not how much one is spending on a card / what they are using, Your kernel isn't as good as you claim with real-world usage compared to RT kernels.

Thirdly,. who said anything about KVR??? i know i didn't. But i can only assume that people over there must have also said negative things about your plugins, otherwise you wouldn't be bringing it up. I've only been to that site a handful of times, so i really don't see how it was relavent (at all). By your own admission your plugins are not professional grade, since they are targeting standards from 20yrs ago (44100), which pretty much no one is using anymore. (and this is by your own admission in your README, that comes with the plugins).

Fifthly, my ears are fine - your plugins are nothing special, they don't sound better than the aforementioned plugins and UI wize, they are BRUTAL - which apparently KVR users would agree on and so would sourceforge users whom have given your software a rating of 2 stars. They also use way too much CPU at higher sample rates compared to plugins of a similar type (including running VSTs in Wine). You can assert your stuff is the best ever over and over again, but that doesn't mean you're going to convince anyone they are, and it certainly does not reflect reality.

Sixthly, even your make file is written badly / non-standard. Hard coding -m32 (wtf) and you've laid it out that typing 'make' not only builds the software, but installs it (which i have NEVER seen in any other software in the 10years i have been using linux/unix... so again WTF?). I'm sorry but i don't have any confidence in someone who claims their software is better than anything else on the market, when they can't even get the basic stuff right. Your algo's may be very good - and i am not going to argue that they aren't (not my area of expertise), but as far as using your plugins - i am less than impressed, and obviously others have also thought they weren't nearly as good as you claim. Your plugins are also not very popular - don't you think that if they were really better than everything else, that people would be using them?? (that's rhetorical, btw)

seventhly, just a tip: you don't need to write 5 replies to one message in the forums - all you are doing is spamming people's inboxes with repeated notifications, when you could have simply put that in a single message ~ which imo would have been more effective.

anyway, i don't want to get into some big argument over this 'crap'. Bottom line, your plugins are mediocre (ie: not world-class DSP or of better quality than T-racks, Waves or any other 'professional' plugin suite... Your kernel for general desktop usage is probably decent, but there are cases where RT is MUCH better than using any of these 'low-latency' kernels.

also, it is very disingenuous to be posting 'peace be with you', when clearly you come across as a total egotistical asshole in many of your posts. funny shit nonetheless.

cheers
              Last edited by ninez; 06 October 2012, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• There is a lot of fuckwits online. Gaymer2k and ninez probably getting married soon. Imagine conjuring up all that junk, and defending it like it`s something real. I am just happy I don`t live in such a gutter of mentality. I never did that even when I was 10.

Ninez he is going to do this probably for some time. So beware, it`s all feeble idiocy.

It is strange. Idiot humans do more damage than cows. They are just grazing after all.

Peace Be With You.

Comment

• So get the plugs, windows versions are more develped ATM, since most matrix/pianoroll-sequencers on linux, are quite obscure.

And these people and their ecnomony can be killed, and sign up as cottagewhores, where their "skill" can be applied, and only remains.

Peace Be With You.

Comment

• You and waves and KvR economy is dead. And I am gonna take real pleasure in stamping it further into the ground. They never did NOTHING sensible of DSP. At best cookbok-dsp. They could never understand an algorithm and do something optimal.

You gotta cry. Imagine Britney Spears made you all that money.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Peace Be With You.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paradox Uncreated View Post
                      There is a lot of fuckwits online. Gaymer2k and ninez probably getting married soon. Imagine conjuring up all that junk, and defending it like it`s something real. I am just happy I don`t live in such a gutter of mentality. I never did that even when I was 10.
                      Except you are acting like a 10year old with comments like the one above, and that is a FACT. you are childish as one can be. :\

Originally posted by Paradox Uncreated View Post
                      Ninez he is going to do this probably for some time. So beware, it`s all feeble idiocy.
                      except that apparently you can't read;

Originally posted by ninez
                      anyway, i don't want to get into some big argument over this 'crap'. Bottom line, your plugins are mediocre (ie: not world-class DSP or of better quality than T-racks, Waves or any other 'professional' plugin suite... Your kernel for general desktop usage is probably decent, but there are cases where RT is MUCH better than using any of these 'low-latency' kernels.
                      It is strange. Idiot humans do more damage than cows. They are just grazing after all.
                      damage to what, your ego?! (that's about it). These kinds of responses are exactly what one would except from someone as immature as yourself. You haven't made a single valid point here, you are basically just trolling and insulting people - pretty weak shit my friend!

So get the plugs, windows versions are more develped ATM, since most matrix/pianoroll-sequencers on linux, are quite obscure.
                      pianoroll-sequencers are 'the norm' on linux. Where do you even get this crap?

RoseGarden, Ardour(3), seq24, Qtractor, Muse, LLMS, etc ... ALL have piano-roll. ie: it is VERY common for linux DAWs to have this stuff. Obscure? ya, right.... What are you going to claim next, that it is 'obscure' for Proaudio users to be using samplerates higher than 44100.

what year do you live in 1993?

anyway, you obviously have nothing intelligent to say and just resort to insults and trolling - but don't worry, it still doesn't change any bit of what i mentioned. but feel free to continue to be an immature egotistical little moron (since that is the only conclusion one can come to about you, after reading your last bunch of posts.

take care and bye.

EDIT: again, when did i mention KVR audio? - and why should i care about 'their economy'. (hint: i don't). Just because you think your plugins are the best, that doesn't mean that they are. Just because they are OSS that does not make them great - contrary to your own belief.

sorry but no dice.
                      Last edited by ninez; 06 October 2012, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X