Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warsow 1.0 Is A Nice Game, Decent GL Benchmark

Phoronix: Warsow 1.0 Is A Nice Game, Decent GL Benchmark

Warsow 1.0 was released on Sunday as a major update to this multi-platform open-source game that actually has good game artwork, is quite unique and interesting, and serves as a decent Linux OpenGL benchmark...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope that Steam can double as a platform for OS/Free games like Warsow. I just want my games all in one spot!

Comment

Originally posted by snuwoods View Post
      I hope that Steam can double as a platform for OS/Free games like Warsow. I just want my games all in one spot!
      steam greenlight?

Comment

Originally posted by Loafers View Post
        steam greenlight?
        Won't greenlight just help small time developers get on to steam by gettting their content voted on by the community? It will still requires games to ask for money and that is perfectly reasonable. Valve is providing the bandwidth and needs to recoup that cost by collecting commission on the payments to the developer.

Now about the game, warsow is amazing! Go play it!

Comment

Originally posted by snuwoods View Post
          Warsow, Xonotic, OpenArena, and the like are already available from Desura.

Comment

On their the link to download for Ubuntu 12.04 is borked, after clicking on "install now" the software center starts and says it can't find warsow.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
              On their the link to download for Ubuntu 12.04 is borked, after clicking on "install now" the software center starts and says it can't find warsow.
              As it's provided by playdeb, you have to add playdeb repository first: http://www.playdeb.net/updates/Ubunt...how_to_install

Also there's alternative non-deb way provided.

Comment

Working...
              X