RadeonSI Gallium3D Driver Can Now Handle Gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maldorordiscord View Post
    Finally! We can now subsidize the windows catalyst driver with 95% of our support money by purchase hd7000 hardware for the open-source driver Radeon.
    And the hordes of Windows users can subsidise the mesa driver with 5% of their purchases, this actualy results in more money for mesa then if each sale would go 100% to the main driver used with that card. So stop trolling Q.

Comment

Originally posted by Ansla View Post
      And the hordes of Windows users can subsidise the mesa driver with 5% of their purchases, this actualy results in more money for mesa then if each sale would go 100% to the main driver used with that card. So stop trolling Q.
      This is just wrong because the windows users do not have any freedom of choice they just can not stop spending there money into the cross-subsidization circle. But the Linux users do have the freedom of choice they can stop spending there money into the cross-subsidization if they choose windows (x86) incompatible hardware like ARM or Loongson then they support "mesa" with 20 times more money than they do it with AMD,Nvidia,Intel hardware. (and if you calculate the split between linux catalyst and radeon then its 50 times more money.)

" this actualy results in more money for mesa then if each sale would go 100% to the main driver used with that card."

What a wrong bullshit no this is not the case! Because the linux piece of the cake is cut into 2 parts closed source catalyst support part and open-source radeon support part. This result in 2% for the radeon driver and 3% for the Linux-catalyst based on the market-share.
      What is the result of your posts you are 100% Wong your support "mesa" with Loongson hardware up to 100% thats 50 times more than your "claim" you can read this 2% number 1000 times from Bridgman in this forum in other words you cross-subsidization windows with 98% of your support money.

Only stupid and naive people support "open-source/free-software" by purchasing windows hardware from windows company's: AMD,Nvidia,Intel.
      Damn we really need medicine against stupidity and naivety.

Comment

This is just wrong because the windows users do not have any freedom of choice they just can not stop spending there money into the cross-subsidization circle. But the Linux users do have the freedom of choice they can stop spending there money into the cross-subsidization if they choose windows (x86) incompatible hardware like ARM or Loongson then they support "mesa" with 20 times more money than they do it with AMD,Nvidia,Intel hardware. (and if you calculate the split between linux catalyst and radeon then its 50 times more money.)

" this actualy results in more money for mesa then if each sale would go 100% to the main driver used with that card."

What a wrong bullshit no this is not the case! Because the linux piece of the cake is cut into 2 parts closed source catalyst support part and open-source radeon support part. This result in 2% for the radeon driver and 3% for the Linux-catalyst based on the market-share.
        What is the result of your posts you are 100% Wong your support "mesa" with Loongson hardware up to 100% thats 50 times more than your "claim" you can read this 2% number 1000 times from Bridgman in this forum in other words you cross-subsidization windows with 98% of your support money.

Only stupid and naive people support "open-source/free-software" by purchasing windows hardware from windows company's: AMD,Nvidia,Intel.
        Damn we really need medicine against stupidity and naivety.
        Hi Q, how you doing?
        I'd like to point out that MSwondoze 8 is supposed to run on ARM hardware, so ARM is no guarantee of incompatibility with balmer.

Further, I have yet to see ONE open source GPU driver for any of those "wondoze-incompatible" hardware that actually works good enough to use.

Finally, ARM and similar platforms have a tendency to be vendor-locked. You want bullshit... paying hard earned money for hardware that is DESIGNED to be unusable.

My money is 100% into hardware that will run what I need it to run, and to companies that don't screw me over. That means that INTEL is completely off my list (with the poulsbo fiasco, it will take them a LOT to earn back my trust), and nvidia is definitely off the list (blob driver is totally inadequate).

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          Two part answer :

1. Yes, we believe so

2. One of the changes we made during initial SI support was moving from a fairly simple "shader assembler" to an llvm-based compiler, which will hopefully be doing some of that optimizing already.
          Thanks. This sounds promising.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
            I'd like to point out that MSwondoze 8 is supposed to run on ARM hardware, so ARM is no guarantee of incompatibility with balmer.
            Don't mix stuff even if Microsoft start to run on ARM hardware this does not mean a high cross-subsidization rate because of the low market share of windows on ARM hardware. Microsoft do have 0-1% in the ARM market. In fact its more the market-share than the " incompatibility with balmer." what makes the ARM better for Linux.

Further, I have yet to see ONE open source GPU driver for any of those "wondoze-incompatible" hardware that actually works good enough to use.
            Right but that does not make my point wrong. For example if you buy Loongson hardware you support the radeon driver more than with any windows compatible hardware with the radeon driver in use. Because then amd calculate you as a anti-windows consumer and not as a (98%windows-user with 2% Linux usage). Also the catalyst do not get any money because the catalyst do not support MIPS cpus. this results in a bigger support for radeon-mesa driver. The usage of Loongson hardware is a clear signal to AMD.

Finally, ARM and similar platforms have a tendency to be vendor-locked. You want bullshit... paying hard earned money for hardware that is DESIGNED to be unusable.
            ARM is just an example for a low-cross-subsidization rate platform anyway Loongson is better so why blaming ARM ?
            Even if the ARM drivers are closed source you get a higher percentage of your support money into Linux support.

My money is 100% into hardware that will run what I need it to run, and to companies that don't screw me over. That means that INTEL is completely off my list (with the poulsbo fiasco, it will take them a LOT to earn back my trust), and nvidia is definitely off the list (blob driver is totally inadequate).
            Sure but these people do not think like normal humans these people think like Corporatism-Capitalism(Fascism) people If you buy AMD hardware, with only 2% of your support money for the open-source driver and maybe 3% for linux-catalyst and 95% for the Windows-Catalyst, why in hell they should chance this you buy it anyway.
            They can drop the support money to 1% because thats the official market-share of "Linux" on the desktop and you will buy it anyway.
            There is ZERO pressure from your side to improve the Linux support because you buy it anyway.
            If you buy it anyway without any pressure to improve the Linux situation its just not "clever"
            The clever way is to buy windows-incompatible hardware then AMD gets a higher pressure with a factor of 50 from your side on the market.
            Even if your "Loongson" hardware do have a AMD chip-set and a AMD-GPU they will get the message and the message is: Windows sucks(Monopoles sucks)!

Comment

But sure "Sauerkraut" FUD is so much easier than write real arguments against my thesis.
              What thesis? Your wacko babbling is supposed to be a thesis?

LOL

No wonder you didn't get your diploma.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
                What thesis? Your wacko babbling is supposed to be a thesis?

LOL

No wonder you didn't get your diploma.
                I already do have a diploma as a ghostwriter with 14 of maximum 15 points.
                Do you really think I can not write a diploma if I can write one as a ghostwriter?

The only problem about a Diploma is I'm not allowed to write a diploma.
                Also its not allowed for the university to take me as a student.

Anyway I write you a thesis for a diploma in many tropics while I sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  If you dont manage to setup a nv card correctly you must be doing everything wrong. btw. nvidia drivers work fine with kernel 3.5 as well
                  My specific card, the Ti550, does not display anything without modification compared to kernel version's prior to .32 and the new GFX tech was implemented. I have tried numerous versions of the kernel on numerous distros (I had excess download quota to burn) just to see if it was a distro quirk. Nope. Turned out was some kernel update that stopped Ti550's working correctly. I dont have the link for citation, but it explained the issue, and the process to fix. It simply requires some poking around the config files. I have two, and they both have the same problem. It does work, just not by default

So, it was a kernel update that threw out my specific problem. Hopefully that explains my situtation better'n last post =)
                  Hi

Comment

All i know about 550Ti is that nouveau with 3.2 does not correctly work, but nouveau with 3.5 works. Most likely you did not compile kernel 3.5 correctly and most likely have got no clue how to install nvidia drivers the right way...

Comment

I already do have a diploma as a ghostwriter with 14 of maximum 15 points.
                      Do you really think I can not write a diploma if I can write one as a ghostwriter?

The only problem about a Diploma is I'm not allowed to write a diploma.
                      Also its not allowed for the university to take me as a student.

Anyway I write you a thesis for a diploma in many tropics while I sleep.
                      Nobody is going to respect you or pay attention to anything you say unless you can behave in a polite manner and write coherent sentences.

Otherwise the natural reaction is to assume you are some 12 year old babbling nonsense about topics that are so above your head that it's not funny.

Comment

Working...
                      X