Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intel Mesa Driver Ups Counter-Strike Performance

Default Intel Mesa Driver Ups Counter-Strike Performance

Phoronix: Intel Mesa Driver Ups Counter-Strike Performance

A patch to mainline Mesa yesterday from Intel has resulted in a ~7% performance boost for Sandy Bridge "GT2" graphics when running the video stress test for Valve's Counter-Strike: Source...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE0ODc

Next port after L4D2?

Did they test performance of CSS on Wine or do they have access to native version?

i think that i will ditch my nvidia card and use only the intel HD3000 with my intel core i5 2500k processor. Shame that the intel Ivy Bridge i5 3570k is a bit pricey atm.

The Ivy GPU indeed looks like it has top performance in Linux compared to others (running open source drivers, obviously). Personally, I hope Intel will leave the GPU in there for the next "E" CPU line

intel has to make a gpu which will be able to handle the soon to be released OpenGL version. the i5 2500k is unfortunately stuck @ OGL 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Fazer View Post
    Did they test performance of CSS on Wine or do they have access to native version?
    I think this was with Wine, sorry. Matt had been working with CS:S long before Valve ever announced any Linux plans. Still, the change should help regardless!

Quote Originally Posted by Setlec View Post
    intel has to make a gpu which will be able to handle the soon to be released OpenGL version. the i5 2500k is unfortunately stuck @ OGL 3.0
    The i5 2500k (Ivybridge) hardware can handle at least OpenGL 4.0, as far as I'm aware. It's purely software that limits it to 3.0.

well iX-2... is snb and iX-3... is ivb. so something is wrong in your last sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    well iX-2... is snb and iX-3... is ivb. so something is wrong in your last sentence
    Oops, right, thanks. I was thinking HD 2500, not the i5 2500 (sigh, product names).

Yeah, the i5 2500K is Sandybridge which can do GL 3.3. Ivybridge can do GL 4.

well good to know that i5 2500K can handle OpenGL 3.3. i thought it was designed for OpenGL3.0 and unable to handle other versions.