Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXT4 Updates Go Into The Linux 3.6 Kernel

Phoronix: EXT4 Updates Go Into The Linux 3.6 Kernel

Two days after the Btrfs was updated with two big features for the Linux 3.6 kernel, the EXT4 file-system has now been updated for this next Linux kernel release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

are you kidding me? Not noteworthy but you made a note anyway? Stop wasting my time.

Comment

So is ext4 now really compatible with SSD's?

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
        So is ext4 now really compatible with SSD's?
        EXT4 is not compatible with SSDs? O_o It works great on my OCZ, or do I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by mark_ View Post
          are you kidding me? Not noteworthy but you made a note anyway? Stop wasting my time.
          lol yeah wtf

Comment

Yeah, what's wrong with EXT4 on SSD's? I have it on mine, still running smoothly. I even have it on a USB stick, works perfectly.

Comment

EXT4 + SSD user here, no issues either.

I think he's talking about the TRIM command maybe (I was under the impression that ext4 supports it though)? Or perhaps optimizations specifically for the SSD (to avoid multiple rewrites or something)?

Originally posted by mark_ View Post
              Is it that much of a big deal?

Comment

Working...
              X